Please Help! Need JP in Rangeley MAINE OCT 1, 2005
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Laura_NH on 5/29/05 9:05am
Msg #41089

Hello,

My best friend is getting married in Rangeley Maine on October 1, 2005. We are having no luck finding a Maine JP to do the ceremony, (recently found out that the NH Judge they were going to have do it, cannot in the State of Maine) and everything is in place. can anyone help? thank you in advance! You can email me at [e-mail address]. or contact me here on the board. and thank you again! Laura

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 5/29/05 10:34am
Msg #41097

Try Rangeley MAINE ...

Local Town Clerk, town office staff. They usually know everyone and everything. Someone working in the town office (government) should be able to give you a list of JPs in town or the area.

For example, CT JPs are appointed by local Republican and Democratic Town Committees. The local Town Comittee Chair has all their names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Reply by Tess/ME on 5/29/05 12:45pm
Msg #41116

JP in Rangeley MAINE OCT 1, 2005

In Maine there is no JP any longer...However, Notaries do perform marriage ceremonies.
I am in the midcoast and it would be way too far of a drive for me (about 3 1/2 hrs one way).
But the town hall there should have a list of the Notaries that do weddings and can help out.

Reply by Tess/ME on 5/29/05 1:03pm
Msg #41124

There is a long list of Maine notaries on...

www.state.me.us
My brain must have been asleep earlier and I just remembered that the state website lists all the notaries in Maine and the town and county they are in.
At least 20 were listed for Rangeley. Good Luck

Reply by Laura_NH on 5/29/05 10:18pm
Msg #41164

Re: There is a long list of Maine notaries on...

thank you all for the info! I do appreciate it! thanks! laura

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.