Notary Rotary
Precision saga
Notary Discussion History

Precision saga
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 5/23/05 7:57pm
Msg #39870

Precision saga

This was my message earlier ( Precision Closing called last week for a signing tomorrow the scheduler said he would send a confirmation. I have not received any so I called he was not at his desk so I left a message stating I needed the confirmation asap in order to do the signing, still have not heard from him.This is the first time this has happened to me.
Has anyone else had any problems with Precision Closings?)
I called 2 times for scheduler the last time he had gone for the day,I finally received confirmation for the signing,was to have received a fax also after 5 more calls I received fax of 8 pages of instructions!!! I have to fax back 18 PAGES and wait for their call!! This is just too much for the $50. I was going to take it thinking its close to home and would be nice and easy.NOt.

My question to you is it to late to cancel? I do not want any more signings from them! Would it do me any harm to cancel this late?I have had enough from them already.
What do you think??

Reply by bee on 5/23/05 8:33pm
Msg #39884

To be honest with you I would call and say thank you for your time but I "gush I am pack of work" I would be bussy for the next two weeks.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/23/05 8:50pm
Msg #39888

Under the circumstances... meaning they didn't do their job... and your job turned out to be much more than they bothered telling you... do you really care whether or not this company EVER calls you again???

Reply by Amanda-VA on 5/23/05 8:57pm
Msg #39889

I can't stand them! I'll never work for them ever again. I never waited for them to call me back to say go ahead and drop the docs. If you think thats bad, I must warn you now thats just the beginning. If you would have actually done the closing for them they would have called you at least 10 times before the closing to remind you of all their reminders and fax backs. And then again 20-30 minutes after the time of the closing to get a completion update and tracking #.

Reply by DellaCa on 5/23/05 9:15pm
Msg #39893

Thanks for your imput

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/23/05 11:31pm
Msg #39920

This may be too late, but I'd suggest you call them and tell them that their requirements are ridiculous and that you're not going to do 18 pages of faxbacks. Tell them that you had no idea of what was involved after the signing and give them the option of finding someone else or letting you do the signing without all the faxbacks and crap that goes along with it.

Just make sure their instructions don't say that they'll reduce your fee without the faxbacks. If that's the case, tell them where to stick it. Remember, you tried to get a hold of them earlier, it's not your fault that the 8 pages of instructions didn't show up until it was too late to cancel.

Reply by DellaCa on 5/23/05 11:40pm
Msg #39922

Thank You I should have had the instructions and confirmation last Thursday.

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/24/05 12:08am
Msg #39929

These are the guys that called me in the middle of a signing to find out how it was going. then proceeded to "chit chat" about nervous borrowers. They were fine until that phone call! Personally I felt like it cast doubt on my abilities as a signing agent having to be "checked up on"

Reply by Calnotary on 5/24/05 9:39am
Msg #39992

Thats the problem with all this 50.00 dollars SS; When ever you got a call and they offer you 50.00, that
means you will be babysit by them, call in the middle of the signing, at the end of the signing
and last but not least, you will have to fax back all notorized docs, including the dot with the first page and the signature page and seal page.
OH I forgot, they also want the RTC faxed back!
And most of the time is a non 1800 number, so you will pay for the fax back, and of course your time.
When they call you for a 50.00 dollar job. Ask minimum 75.00 for one single loan.

Reply by DellaCa on 5/24/05 12:17pm
Msg #40044

Re: Thank You! Live and Learn. n/m

Reply by Happy Worker on 6/23/05 4:56pm
Msg #47222

I work for Precision and if notaries would just call in their "status" (like it says on the form EVERY notary signs before doing one of our signings) we wouldnt have to call and bother them. We are just doing what our employer asks of us.

Reply by Kiso on 9/20/05 6:28pm
Msg #66271

I agree. I used to work there as well.

#1, they already give you just about 50% of what they get from the lender, sometimes even more in desperate situations. It's the lender that doesn't pay the S.S. very much (this goes for almost all SS's). That's why most S.S.'s give a standard fee of $50, so it's really not their fault.

#2, I worked in all departments and I have seen documents not being notarized properly by notaries who have been notarizing for YEARS. SIMPLE things, like signing in the RIGHT spot on the RTC and initialing it properly, or having the borrower sign exactly the same way the names are printed.......OH, YES, believe it! Whenever these are sent back to the lenders with mistakes, the lenders need to either have the notaries go back out to fix the problem (missed signatures, initials on the RTC, etc) or even redraw the docs sometimes. To have them checked first saves a lot of people a lot of time, especially the newbie notaries. If after several signings you prove to them you got the hang of their rules and documents, they leave you alone, believe me. The lender is the one that looks for signing services that can provide very good quality assurance.

They don't mean to make people feel dumb. I started working there not even knowing what a notary was (honest to God) and I moved up really fast, leaving the company with a whole lot of knowledge about this industry, and I greatly appreciate it. It was then 2 years after I left the company that I decided to FINALLY get my notary license, which I have had for a year now, but because I did not have experience, I was unable to get work for more money, or even any work at all! I stuck to a couple signing services and I'm doing fine so far (mind you, I JUST started getting calls in these past 2 months, and yes, I did whatever I can for advertising, applying, passing out business cards, etc).

So, being a notary and a former employee of a signing service (the above named), in all of our defenses both positions are tough, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and don't worry about their reputation, worry about your own, for your own sake. Put it this way, if you were kept busy you'd be making at least $50/hr for watching people sign documents. No employer would do that! (you like how I simplified that, huh? Smiley )

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.