Printing Problems
Notary Discussion History

Printing Problems
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Jeanie-fl on 5/11/05 11:10am
Msg #37094

Printing Problems

I have a HP LaserJet 2300 printer.

Yesterday I received a pdf set of edocs. I printed the first set but all the docs came out to small. Legal was letter size and letter size printed out the size of a large postcard. I had just printed another set of pdf docs prior to this set with no problems. Double checked all my settings. I called the TC to tell them the problem I was having. They scanned another set on a different scanner. I printed this set with the same results.

At this point I printed out 10 pages from the pdf file that printed ok. The pages printed perfectly.

I had the TC fax me the DOT and riders. Those also printed to small. Also, everything from this TC printed very SLOWLY!

I had to go to Staples to have the faxed pages enlarged to letter size. What a pain!

What could I, or the TC, do to correct the printing size and the slow printing speed?

Reply by aRT_md on 5/11/05 11:21am
Msg #37099

General - not specific to your printer.
1. Key here may be what you had set on the paper handling section of Adobe. Did you have scaling set to something besides none?
2. Was paper size set to legal on printer options/properties?
3. Did you have rotate and center checked?
3. The slowness may have been because it was scanned as image instead of text. Can double/triple print time depending on computer and printer combination. What was size of file and # of pages.

Art

Reply by Art_md on 5/11/05 11:23am
Msg #37101

Re: Printing Problems more

Did the faxes come to a fax machine or was it Efax or maxefax?

Art

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 5/11/05 11:29am
Msg #37105

Hi Art,

The fax went to my internal computer fax. The file was over 5mgs and around 95 pages.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/11/05 11:33am
Msg #37107

When you viewed the page in Adobe Reader, did it look like what was printed? Was the page size shown in the viewer as 8½x14. It may have been that the person scanning the documents (sounds like they were scanned as images), may have scanned them to 74% reduction (Lgl->Ltr) which means all the docs would be reduced in size by 74%, but the paper size could have been selected as being legal size.

Just another thought.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/11/05 11:37am
Msg #37108

5meg for 95 pages means it was image scan. Will take longer to print.

If it went to internal fax, I'm betting (95%+)i t was you printer settings. There are very few ways they can screw up the size when faxing.

If it was efax, if you wanted to send it to me and I'll look it over and see if it was sent regular size.

Quick way to check if it was your settings. Give me your fax # and I fax something to you. If you use efax, I'll send you an efax file.

Art

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 5/11/05 1:40pm
Msg #37143

Hi Art,

My computer fax number is 407-362-9022

Thank you,
Jeanie

Reply by Art_MD on 5/11/05 1:58pm
Msg #37148

Will send you a fax in 2 minutes

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.