Notary Rotary
Purchase documents HELP
Notary Discussion History

Purchase documents HELP
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 5/17/05 8:50pm
Msg #38496

Purchase documents HELP

Can any one help with info on purchase closings. I am familiar with refis and helocs but have never done a purchase.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/17/05 10:00pm
Msg #38503

You will always get more results if you use your name instead of anonymous. Please include the two-letter abbreviation for your state in the Author field.

Good luck.

Reply by Betty-WV on 5/17/05 10:24pm
Msg #38509

Purchase closings entail having the buyers and the sellers present. Each have their own set of docs to sign. If you receive the docs by email then you must make sellers their copies and borrowers their copies. The entire process usually last 1 hour to 2 hours... depending on how many parties are involved.

Reply by Sam I am CA on 5/17/05 10:35pm
Msg #38514

Don't forget the RTC - or lack thereof. No rescission allowed on purchases.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/18/05 6:28am
Msg #38565

WV Attorney Only?

Betty, I notice that you are from West Virginia. It is my understanding that WV is an attorney only closing state. Is this not correct? Can notaries perform loan closings, or at least loan signings?

We recently had a discussion on that states are "attorney only" but I don't think anyone came up with a definitive list. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.