Notary Rotary
QUESTION
Notary Discussion History

QUESTION
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by oldhippie on 5/13/05 12:56pm
Msg #37524

QUESTION

Just a question, do SS and TC talk about us, like we talk about them? Just curious.

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 1:09pm
Msg #37530

Lordy I hope not?

Reply by oldhippie on 5/13/05 1:14pm
Msg #37533

I know, I had a little trouble with one lender, which was out of my hands, and I asking to myself if they can "black ball ya!"

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 1:16pm
Msg #37534

They probably wouldn't waste their time. I hope they wouldn't anyway!

Reply by oldhippie on 5/13/05 1:18pm
Msg #37537

But, I tell you, you come into some winners!

Reply by sue on 5/13/05 1:50pm
Msg #37551

it happens every day

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/13/05 1:18pm
Msg #37536

I'm sure that they do!!

I have a signing tonight for a new signing service. At the bottom of "Attention to Closing Agents" it states, "We track and share (NOTARY ERRORS/DO NOT USE LISTS) with our vendors and other Services."

So I guess they do!

Reply by oldhippie on 5/13/05 1:19pm
Msg #37538

Re: I'm sure that they do!!

How would they do that?

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/13/05 1:20pm
Msg #37542

Re: I'm sure that they do!!

It looks like maybe they share the info with their business related partners. Who knows? Maybe it's just a scare tactic!

Reply by Melody on 5/13/05 1:32pm
Msg #37548

Of course they do!

Watch your rep.

Don't say anything on the boards, on the phone, or in any email that you don't want to known to the world.

For example:
I have urged people to stay away from Nation's Direct because of their $40 fees and to avoid Sign on the X because of their no-pay policy. I don't mind who knows I say these things.

Good SSs certainly don't mind my telling notaries to avoid their competitors!

Reply by Alabama on 5/13/05 3:26pm
Msg #37568

Re: Of course they do!

If I were a betting person....most notaries know other notaries in their area and have heard from signing agencies and lenders who is go and who is not....it's the real world and people talk....it's like a virus...most people don't talk about the good job someone does, but let there be a mistake and everyone will know!

Reply by christi/socal on 5/13/05 4:19pm
Msg #37597

I don't know any other notaries in my area

Reply by christi/socal on 5/13/05 4:25pm
Msg #37599

sorry hit enter too quick

I think there may be a couple on this board that aren't very far away (like calipat) but this and other boards are where I talk to other notaries. I was all alone in the notary world til I found the boards. : ( wiping a tear from my eye....
I wonder if there are s.s. or title boards??? might be fun to lurk there awhile ;-)

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 6:48pm
Msg #37626

Re:To Christi/socal

Where are you located?

Reply by christi/socal on 5/14/05 3:33am
Msg #37729

I live in La Crescenta, are you close? n/m

Reply by christi/socal on 5/14/05 3:40am
Msg #37730

just looked you up, susan

You're an hour and a half (about) away. just in case you've never heard of la crescenta, it's north of glendale, west of pasadena. In between la canada and tujunga. Kinda small, but a great place to live. ;-)

Reply by Mr.Natural on 5/13/05 3:49pm
Msg #37587

Obviously they ....

Obviously they do. Because why else would there be so many mistakes with the Loan Docs.
There to busy talking about us, instead of doing their work.

LOL

Reply by Teddog_CO on 5/13/05 6:36pm
Msg #37625

Re: Obviously they ....

Mr. Natural
That's a good one! I like it. LOL

Reply by Peter_in_CA on 5/13/05 8:09pm
Msg #37658

Re: Obviously they ....

Mr Natural wrote "Obviously they do. Because why else would there be so many mistakes with the Loan Docs.
There to busy talking about us, instead of doing their work."

Murphy's law guarantees that any time we criticize someone else's mistake, we will make two of our own! Try "They're too busy..."
Smiley

(my next Ameriquest signing goes to the first person to find 2 mistakes in mine)

Reply by linda/nj on 5/13/05 8:43pm
Msg #37666

I love the names on this thread! My take on "do they talk about us" is, I think that if they are affiliated with another company or when for instance when a title co or lender calls out to a signing agency or agencies for work they can not fill themselves, i.e., ever get the same call for the same job from ten different signing agencies, well if you have done some bad work and it really stands out they would request they not call you. I think that, that is how we get trashed. The old saying you're only as good as your last signing! so true!

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 9:22pm
Msg #37681

?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.