Re: Compaq Presario ?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 5/18/05 9:23am
Msg #38589

Hi all,

Anyone have a Compaq Presario laptop? If so, any thoughts? I need a new laptop and am contemplating purchasing a Compaq Presario R3000Z notebook laptop. TIA

Reply by Art_MD on 5/18/05 9:26am
Msg #38590

I have a problem with compaq in general. Unless it's changed recently, many parts are propriatary. Meaning, if you need a repair (or want to upgrade), you can't use anything but compaq parts thru a compaq dealer.

Art

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/18/05 9:58am
Msg #38600

I've had my R3000 for about a year. Mostly it stays at home, but the portability is great when I need it. (Knocking on wood) So far, there have been no problems. They pseudo-mouse gets some getting used to, but that'd be true no matter what laptop you get.

From my perspective, having the wide screen is a big help. The built-in wireless networking is very convenient. I insisted on a floppy drive because that is still the most portable way to exchange files. The USB ports are handy, as they would be in any computer.

Good luck.

Reply by Jen-CA on 5/18/05 11:08am
Msg #38629

I have had my Compaq Presario for about a year and half now. I have not had any problems with it. I too enjoy the wireless networking, its nice, I can take my laptop anywhere in my house and backyard and connect to the internet without having to be plugged in. Before I had the Compaq, I had a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, I like the Compaq much better, although the Toshiba was quite a bit older, so that could have something to do with it...Good luck.

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/18/05 1:41pm
Msg #38694

Re: Jen.......

Jen,

I presently have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, but it is pretty old and slow.

Reply by BK_FL on 5/18/05 12:23pm
Msg #38653

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A75 yesterday! I found after comparing it to HP and Compaq to be more geared to what I need it for being a mobile signing agent and being able to download large doc files quickly to print. It actually runs faster than my desk top Compaq Presario which is only 3 years old! It's my first laptop so can not compare it to any I have had.

My advice whatever brand you go with pick the one with the fastest processor. The Toshiba A75 has Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processsor 548 supporting Hyper-Threading at 3.33 ghz! On sale right now at Office Depot for $1299 after $150 mail in rebate. I found after getting one custom made it would come out higher yet, so this Toshiba has what I need.

Happy Shopping! BK/FL

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/18/05 3:29pm
Msg #38763

Re: Thanks for all your comments n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.