Notary Rotary
Re: Docs missing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Reggie on 5/18/05 12:22am
Msg #38554

I did a signing Friday Night that had no copies of the Note several other docs missing from package but none more important than the Note.

I talked with the LO the next morning and He said go ahead and send the docs and put a note that the Note was missing. Do you think they will pay?

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by Mike/NJ on 5/18/05 12:29am
Msg #38555

If none of the missing docs needed your signature and seal they can complete the transaction through fax with the borrower.

Did you review the package prior to the signing? Did you call and say "hey I'm missing the note" before heading out? 9 out of 10 they would email the note.

Sounds like you did a grab and go without checking the package.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 5/18/05 9:19am
Msg #38586

Re: Docs missing questions

This raises some very good questions!
Whose responsibility is it to insure that the doc pkg is complete- LO/SS/SA?
What about those pkgs that are delivered directly to the borrower's home?
What constitutes a "complete" pkg for the SA - is it only those pages that require his/her sig & seal as suggested by Mike/NJ?
Should the SA review and question the contents of the pkg with the LO/SS before seeing the borrower even though he/she is on a very tight schedule to make the appointment on time?
Should the SA suffer reduction in pay/no pay because something was missing in the pkg that needed his/her notarization?
etc, etc, etc,

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/18/05 9:51am
Msg #38598

good questions...I usually get an e-mail when doing e-docs that states the hud and junk docs will be sent separately and do not proceed to closing without them...if I get a pkg overnite, I don't feel it's my responsibility to double check the SS/Lender's work, that's what THEY get paid for. They aren't paying me for that, nor do I have the time to do an extra job on top of mine.

IMHO Smiley

Reply by Mike/NJ on 5/18/05 3:01pm
Msg #38753

It is part of the job checking the docs before going on a signing. At least call and confirm you have all the docs needed for the signing.

Also beware when docs are overnighted they maybe missing the HUD and junk docs. This is why companies will offer a low fee..**They aren't paying me for that, nor do I have the time to do an extra job on top of mine.****

Thinking like that a TC would never use you again.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/18/05 4:39pm
Msg #38780

Mike...

Fortunately, I haven't come across missing docs. I guess I was venting and I have not made a check list of every doc in a closing, particularly the loan pkgs that are 150 pages plus. I do make sure I have the docs that are notarized/recorded, etc. But for the fee that some of these SSs pay, you would think they did their job and just expect you to go close the loan with what they overnite you. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to own up and change my way of thinking! Thanks

Reply by Reggie on 5/18/05 11:04pm
Msg #38921

You're right a grab and go the docs arrived just in time to leave for the signing. I had no choice but to take them out of the pkg and leave.

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by marilyn on 5/18/05 1:45pm
Msg #38698

hi you may get your pay but you have to keep on then about sending out missing doc,s you have to check all your doc,s befor your appt, i know some one that had missing docs and was not payed for it good luck,

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.