Re: attorney states - question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 5/11/05 8:55pm
Msg #37231

Hi all,

I remember a number of months ago we kicked around the issue of whether an attorney would be required for an out of state signing for property say located in Georgia (Georgia being an attorney state). And the answer was no. Although you might have a tough time convincing some ss's and lenders that that is the case.

So what happens say if there is a signing scheduled in Georgia for property located outside the state of Georgia? Is an attorney required pursuant to that scenario? Now admittedly this is an academic question as I am not in an attorney state. But my curiosity just got the best of me. Anybody know? And no, I am not seeking the answer to some test question. Honest injun.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/11/05 9:01pm
Msg #37233

"honest injun"??? Gosh, I haven't heard that expression since moving to politcally correct CA.

I asked an attorney friend of mine this same question. He said that it's the rules the govern the state where the papers are being signed in. So the proper procedure in an attorney state (even if the property is outside of that state) is for an attorney to act as the signing agent.

Reply by Camille,MD on 5/12/05 12:13am
Msg #37255

so De borrowers can cross over into MD for us to do their loans? DE is atty.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/12/05 6:50am
Msg #37266

Camille,

A big yes to DE borrowers crossing into MD and doing the signing.

Probably average one a month - sometimes even more. I'm on the Eastern shore and only 45 min from DE. Several other LTP do signing for DE borrowers. Saves them $$ on attorneys.

Where in MD

Art

Reply by J. Redcorn, Arlen TX on 5/12/05 9:56am
Msg #37291

Re: attorney states/"Injun"

As "injun" myself. Me heap mad at use of that expression. Me say you speak with fork tongue

Reply by Art_MD on 5/12/05 10:01am
Msg #37292

Re: attorney states/"fork tongue"

You insult and degrade the lizards of this world - yo need to apologize to my sahara monitor.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/12/05 10:23am
Msg #37297

Nerfred...

The Arlen, Texas bunch is funny.
You are not.

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/12/05 7:26pm
Msg #37403

MaggieMae,

That is what I thought was the case. I just wasn't sure. Thanks for inquiring and providing us all with an answer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.