Notary Rotary
SS called me and I was told that
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Joseph_CA on 5/11/05 9:38pm
Msg #37236

The loan was cancelled because I told the borrowers that their rate was too high and I even recommended them a mortgage company!!

THAT NEVER HAPPENED! I was so upset, that a lie from the borrowers can ruin your relationship with a SS
I dont undersstand wouldnt they cancell in the next three days they have to cancell?
I received the call today for a signing done 4/24/05

If borrowers cancell in the following three days according to the RTC when does the SS notify you that they cancelled?

Or the SS are just trying to test you out?

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 10:33pm
Msg #37242

Why would the signing service contact us if the borrower cancels? It's none of our business unless it's affecting our pay from the SS. As for why they didn't cancel within the 3 days, I'd say they DID cancel within that time frame. I can't imagine a lender letting them cancel a loan after the RTC expires, unless there was a damn good legal reason for it.

If the SS is reasonable they should believe that the borrower was using you as the fall guy. I had something similar happen once, the borrower refused to sign due to a ridiculously high interest rate, then told the lender that I told her she shouldn't sign. I never said that, the SS believed me and I still get plenty of business from them.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/12/05 12:36am
Msg #37256

I would call them back and tell them that it is a lie and that you don't appreciate to be made the fall guy, and why would they belief in the first place that you would do such a thing.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 5/12/05 11:44am
Msg #37322

TOTAL BS..AND YES I AM SHOUTING (CAPS ON)

Call these losers back and explain that you don't care if the loan documents ask for the borrowers first born son and his son afterwards, you have no interest in what these consumers are signing. As a SA, we are there to verify the proper id's and notarize the appropriate forms.

If consumers insist upon borrowing from predatory lenders with outrageous interest rates, that is on them. As the SA, we are only concerned with our pay. Also, this is an oxymoron, why would you direct them to another lender as this will directly affect your pay if this loan rescinds.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.