Notary Rotary
SS's marketing
Notary Discussion History

SS's marketing
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by NotaryGirl_CA on 5/5/05 11:22am
Msg #35991

SS's marketing

Hello..... New Notary here, and I have had some good luck with SS's using my services, and then nothing? Do you think I did something wrong? Should I send them Thank You notes and such?

Reply by Sine Cerv on 5/5/05 11:39am
Msg #35999

Please send some "and such".

Reply by RU talking to me? on 5/5/05 11:41am
Msg #36000

your sooooooo good lookin!!! not to mention your wonderful personality... I love you!

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/5/05 12:41pm
Msg #36016

...soooo good lookin' - another Seinfeld Fan. nm

Reply by Charisma_CA on 5/5/05 12:45pm
Msg #36018

Re: ...soooo good lookin' - another Seinfeld Fan. nm

...Why am I confused? : /

Reply by Brenda? who are U? on 5/5/05 1:06pm
Msg #36021

See, this is how it works.. Someone posts an honest and vulnerable Q, and hopefully gets some kind of help... but I have noticed people like to poke some fun, and critique the question. Get a life and grow up.... I will never use notary rotary again, and I was just getting ready to join.

Reply by Brenda on 5/5/05 1:07pm
Msg #36022

Hey Brenda... Do you read every single post and answer them? I see your name all over the place? Just wondering if you had a life? I am new and just looking for some helpful hints from time to time, and when I do, your on everyone's gig. I am sure your nice, but for some reason you seem like a know it all to me. Just wondering?

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/5/05 3:52pm
Msg #36076

You should talk. Even though you clearly don't have the intelligence to use this board correctly (to pick a screen name and stick to it), I sure as heck see a bunch of your grade school grammar posts cluttering up this board lately.

And you seem like a pissy little bitch to me. Just wondering?

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/5/05 4:45pm
Msg #36093

Cali...

Have you any idea what set the NotaryGirl off at me? I was referring to an episode of Seinfeld which I assumed she was, too. Maybe she doesn't realize it's clear that she posted several times with different names.

But.............. I think we all know now why her business has fallen off.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/5/05 4:32pm
Msg #36086

Yes, I read every single post.

No, I don't answer them all.

No, I don't have a life.

No, I am not nice.

No, I do not know it all.

Anything else?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/5/05 5:56pm
Msg #36114

>>> Yes, I read every single post. <<<
Not only here, but on other boards too!

>>> No, I don't answer them all. <<<
Just most of them. (j/k)

>>> No, I don't have a life. <<<
Apparently, we don't either.

>>> No, I am not nice. <<<
Yes you are! (Most of the time.) There is a time to be rude and sarcastic and, unfortunately, it happens too often around here.

>>> No, I do not know it all. <<<
None of us do. Just some think they do.

>>> Anything else? <<<
Can't think of anything off hand. But when I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/5/05 10:31pm
Msg #36166

>>> Yes, I read every single post. <<<
Not only here, but on other boards too!
---------------

Paul...Just like to keep the record straight...I cover this board pretty much every day...I'm still not big enough to spend much time at GMN.

It's the big young dog/tiny old dog thing...the little dog is always the boss.

When I first started, GMN scared me. I have not forgotten it yet. I have to really feel brave to tune in over there.

Reply by To Seinfeld Fan on 5/5/05 6:15pm
Msg #36119

You are so right, unfortunately there are several who appear to be know it alls. Try to ignore their post...

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/5/05 7:02pm
Msg #36127

Now you're responding to yourself? Yeah, you're definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Reply by HisHughness on 5/5/05 6:56pm
Msg #36125

Brenda (no, not that Brenda) querously asks:

***for some reason you seem like a know it all to me.***

Brenda does not know it all. She just knows most of it. What she does not know, PAW does.

I taught both of them everything they know.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/5/05 10:51pm
Msg #36171

And the rest of us are still trying to learn from HisHughness, Brenda, Paul, Sylvia, CaliNotary, sue, Bobbi_CT, ....

The best part, at least for me, is being able to pass along what they've taught.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/5/05 11:07pm
Msg #36179

Did we teach ya good, Ernest? Now yer all learned, why not start a Signing Agent School. Isn't that what the learned ones are s'posed to do? And git them Connecticut law-yers in the class soes they kin understand what a notery can and kant do.

Seriously, I completely understand where you're coming from and where you're going. I too am traveling that same road, learning from others and passing along what I have learned over the miles. The hardest part on this journey, is being able to weed out the fact from the fiction and only pass on the wisdom. If we put our minds to it, we can always learn. And if we try extra hard, we can assist other in the learning process as well.

Reply by rlogan-ca on 5/5/05 11:43am
Msg #36002

Congrats on getting business from SS companies, remember there are plenty of us out here
so you will have down time.

As for thank you notes, they won't hurt and they might help, you never know.

Good luck

Reply by I thought so on 5/5/05 11:52am
Msg #36004

It is defiantly a learning experience. I have not figured out the relationship with the Notary and the SS. I had a misunderstanding with one company in particular who was using my services constantly, and then nothing. I was thinking either, the misunderstanding was the reason, or there is protocol on the relationship between the two of us. I am learning as I go…

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/5/05 4:31pm
Msg #36085

Re: Thank you notes

NG _ Ca,

Whenever I get a check from an ss or a title company, I always respond with an email acknowledgment (to the person that contracted my services) that I received it and an expression of thanks, and a request that they keep me in mind for future work. It takes a bit of time, but it serves to keep one's name before them.

It sure can't hurt, particularly in a state such as California which is alleged to be overflowing with nsa's.

Reply by Jon on 5/5/05 6:02pm
Msg #36117

Re: Thank you notes

Ted_MI jests

"...a state such as California which is alleged to be overflowing with nsa's."

ALLEGED?!?!?!?!? Your statement, my friend, is a bonafide FACT!!!

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 5/5/05 7:23pm
Msg #36131

RE: Signing Services

Hi Notary Girl-CA,

I've only been doing this full time for a little over a year. However, in the beginning, I only received assignments at the end of the month. Then only the end of the month the following two to six month's. Signing company's have their favorites. These favorites get booked up the end of the month (crunch time). That seems to be the time when SC's will try new notaries. If you are available, have a pleasant phone persona and do the job right the first time, the SC's will be more likely to call you more and more often. Before you know it (months later) you will be a regular on their call list. Good luck!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.