Notary Rotary
Said NO to $65.
Notary Discussion History

Said NO to $65.
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 5/6/05 2:42pm
Msg #36292

Said NO to $65.

Just received a call for a signing, time was open so I said I could do it if it was an open time as I already had one this afternoon,she said great its edocs and we pay $65.00 I said that is my base for that area and edocs are $35.00 so she said of course I will see if I can get that approved and call you back .Am I getting a call back I DON'T think so!
Amazing

Reply by John_NorCal on 5/6/05 2:48pm
Msg #36293

If you had accepted that assignment, considering your e-doc fee, you would have been doing the signing for $30.00. That agency probably thought they were doing you a favor, where do they get off? They probably keep $100-150 for themselves, I'm all for people making a profit, but not at my expense. Good luck on your next one!

Reply by DellaCa on 5/6/05 3:02pm
Msg #36296

Exactly John I had heard of very low offers but that was my first one.
Stand together,good one Lee.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/6/05 2:50pm
Msg #36294

Hey...we're on a roll. Keep saying NO to low! Rhymes, too!

Reply by Joseph_CA on 5/6/05 3:04pm
Msg #36297

Re: Hey...we're on a roll. Keep saying NO to low! Rhymes, too!

I had a call that wanted me to travel 50 miles for 50.00 overnight package. I asked a little bit more and they said they will call me. They never did.

Reply by dvbell on 5/9/05 2:31pm
Msg #36685

I agree with all the aboves. I recently got a call for a signing 10 mi. away, docs to borrower and was offered $65. My issue is this, true its not e-docs, but I have to arrive there and do a quick review of the docs and familiarize myself with the package with the eager borrowers looking down my throat, kids in the background and possibly a dog nibbling at my feet. These companies are trying to be cheap by shipping them to borrower but we still take time to review. So for that "on-site review" I add a reasonable fee onto my base of $65. Hey time is money, no matter where it's spent!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.