Notary Rotary
Second guessing myself
Notary Discussion History

Second guessing myself
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 5/13/05 8:18pm
Msg #37660

Second guessing myself

I had a signing today that had all the notary wording but didn't have the state or county. The form stated if I needed to attached an acknowledgement, to do so. Could I have wrote in State of ...... County of ........?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/13/05 8:33pm
Msg #37663

Yup. That's easy, fast, and accurate. n/m

Reply by BeccaWI on 5/13/05 8:38pm
Msg #37665

Re: Yup. That's easy, fast, and accurate. n/m

ok thanks! I cant wait to have that feeling of "This is easy!"(if that day ever comes!). It's all learning experiences!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/13/05 9:17pm
Msg #37677

The first 50 signings are the hardest.

After that, things tend to go pretty much the way at least one other signing has gone.

Yesterday I got high praise from a signing service: "Thank you for your thoroughness." I guess it pays to be a PITA ... err ... stickler for details.

You'll do fine! As you've seen several times on this Forum, breathe. Repeat as needed.

Reply by Barry on 5/14/05 12:45am
Msg #37706

The best place to check is with the laws that govern your state. If you have the proper notarial certificate, might as well make look as professional as possible. Prior to my purchasing the certificates, I always printed the necessary notarial wording required in my state when it was not on the form to be notarized - the problem was usually on school district forms. For some reason, they think a stamp alone is sufficient.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.