Notary Rotary
Signing fees
Notary Discussion History

Signing fees
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Lori on 5/11/05 11:20am
Msg #37096

Signing fees

How much should a regular notary charge for signing basic documentation?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/11/05 11:25am
Msg #37103

Depends on :
1. What your state allows.
2. How far you have to travel (if at all)
3. Are we talking "basic documentation" of loan/HELOC or something like a bill of sale, etc.

Art

Post your state please

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/11/05 12:12pm
Msg #37120

You may not charge more than is set forth for your state.

Reply by Philem on 5/11/05 3:08pm
Msg #37167

Sam and Art are correct: You may not charge more than state regulated maximum for the NOTARIZATION. The higher fees you may have seen for SA work are attributed to the document handeling/courier services that SAs bundle together. So, while you may be limited by state regulations on the notarial act, you may charge more for these "SA specific" services.

Hope that helps somewhat!
-Jim

Reply by sandym04 on 5/11/05 6:43pm
Msg #37196

I am new at this in Iowa, but how do I find out what the going courier service fees are?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/11/05 8:20pm
Msg #37216

You don't need to worry about courier fees. All overnight packages will have either a return label and envelope, or an address and charge number to send the package. If not included (rare) you cll whoever gave you the assignment.
You will need to find out the 2 or 3 closest FEDEX, UPS and DHL drop boxes or service providers (i.e. Kinko works with FEDEX). Learn the pick up times.
If the closing is before noon, they probably expect it to be in that day's pickup. After noon, by next day is usually OK. Differest SS/TC will give instructions.

Good Luck,

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.