Notary Rotary
Strange...
Notary Discussion History

Strange...
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 5/15/05 2:14pm
Msg #37958

Strange...

Had a weird signing Friday afternoon in a town about 50 miles outside of Austin.

Got to the address and it quite obviously was a one-story school building. Turns out the building obsoleted by the school district several years ago. First the city bought it, then an individual bought it and turned it into a factory making baby bibs for Gerber, before Gerber fled to Mexico. So the individual's sister bought it, and turned it into her home. One looooooong corridor flanked by rooms off to both sides.

The man of the house is bedridden.The daughter lives in Houston, and was one of the borrowers. Considering whose names were on what documents, I think the title company misunderstood and thought the daughter was the wife. I saw only two rooms, both of which the people said had been renovated. If those were renovated, I'd hate to see the rest of the place.

The interesting thing is they were building a $28,000 swimming pool with the loan. Can't imagine much more of a residential white elephant than an abandoned school building a block long with a $28,000 swimming pool.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/15/05 9:21pm
Msg #37983

So Strange...

It's so strange, that people are afraid to post!!!

Reply by Kiso on 5/16/05 9:47am
Msg #38012

Re: So Strange...

That's creepy, especially the fact that it used to be a school....hehe I watch a lot of those "haunted places" shows. I'd be freaked out to live there, but whatever floats their boat!

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/16/05 2:36pm
Msg #38071

Sounds like my dreamhouse...

maybe they'll be able to sell it to a large family in the future. If the man was bedridden, what does he need a pool for? Therapy?

Reply by Cave dweller UT on 5/16/05 3:01pm
Msg #38075

So...

whoe are you to value judge...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.