Notary Rotary
The Final Step
Notary Discussion History

The Final Step
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Renee FL on 5/10/05 5:48pm
Msg #37008

The Final Step

I just accepted a closing from The Final Step. I have just read all of the complaints. I dont feel like I should do this closing. Is there a way to call them and let them know why I am not doing the closing?

Reply by Joseph_CA on 5/10/05 6:43pm
Msg #37017

Go ahead and do it but you will see your money in like 3 months.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/12/05 1:51pm
Msg #37353

I received payment from The Final Step in approx 45 days.

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/10/05 11:12pm
Msg #37060

Renee,

I think what you need to do is look at the time framework involved. Is there enough time for the ss to retain another notary? if so, fine. If not then the borrowers, innocent parties, may well suffer because of your actions.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/10/05 11:57pm
Msg #37067

Just my opinion: Once I've accepted a signing, I'm doing the signing unless it becomes physically impossible. If I think I'm not going to get paid, or not get paid in a timely manner, then I don't take the signing. IMHO, we should honor our commitments just as we expect the signing services to honor theirs.

Reply by mike - Pa on 5/11/05 2:34pm
Msg #37158

If your not sure of the companies back ground tell them you will call them back . mean while check to see how they operate. Don't except the work then call two hours later and cancell your only hurting the borrowers not the signing company. If you are telling them you are doing the closing "Do it " don't back out your only making yourself look bad. You don't want to be the agent known to back out all the time, you won't get business that way. If you see that they dont pay I could be the notarys fault , (Didn't follow directions ) did you ever think of that??

Reply by Art_MD on 5/12/05 2:05pm
Msg #37354

Re: The Final Step - time til payment

A lot of the negative is time til payment. Doesn't your confirmation have a statement re: payment time ?

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.