Notary Rotary
The Great No No List
Notary Discussion History

The Great No No List
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Nessncali on 5/24/05 2:09am
Msg #39942

The Great No No List

Friday I received a call for a signing from Sign on the X. Of couse they did not send the docs as schedule and the borrower had to go to work.So the borrower and I had to cancel for the next day. I later learned that this company is on the great no no list. Does this mean slow to pay or they just don't pay? Another Notary took this job and went to the borrowrs job site because I could not be reached. Today I received another call form this company and I told them that I heard that they are a problem company and I could not do this for $65, so they called someone else, about 3 hours later they called me and offered me $75 and I still turned them down. Was this the right thing to do? I need all the signing that I can get. But if they are a no pay company, I do not want to deal with them.
Advice Please

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 5/24/05 7:32am
Msg #39959

Sign on the X is a slow pay company. They'll pay but it always takes 1 to 3 phone calls. If you do a job for them April 1-31 they're suppose to pay May 31. I call them the last day of the month to make sure I'll get paid for the previous months work. 90% of the time I'll get a check the next week. However, if you don't call them to check on your status they'll take months to get your check out. I won't take less than $75 for their signings.

Reply by TN NOtary on 5/24/05 9:32am
Msg #39991

They only want to pay $45.00 when they call me. I no longer take assignments from them. They take too long to pay.

Reply by Monica - FL on 5/24/05 11:57am
Msg #40035

I did two closing for them and my sister did two. We just couldn't get paid. However, I had to make a trip to Southern California and called them and told them that I would come in and pick up my check as well as my sister's. They were okay with that. They have a new accounting person. Seems like the old one wasn't paying the bills. (You would think they would keep better track of that). Anyway, I still have one outstanding bill and so does my sister. We were advised to fax our invoices to them at the end of the month and we would get paid in a timely manner. Wait and see!!

Reply by Anonymous on 5/24/05 1:16pm
Msg #40062

I never received payment from them and I did a signing a year ago for them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.