Notary Rotary
Time
Notary Discussion History

Time
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 6:54pm
Msg #39400

Time

I'd like to know from some of you seasoned notaries how long it should take on average to do lets say a 100 page refi. I'm sure in the beginning of your careers that is took longer than it does now. I also know that there are different factors such as how closely the borrower goes through each document. I did a refi that was 150 pages. It took a real long time. And there was very little small talk.

Reply by MsRobbo on 5/20/05 6:58pm
Msg #39403

When borrowers have to sign that much paperwork, it sure would be nice to have some small talk going on. Time wise it depends on weather you receive the docs or the borrowers. It's really nice to have them be familiar with the paperwork before you get there (it doesn't usually happen that way). Most closings with 100 pages probably takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 8:31pm
Msg #39411

well I can't wait till I can get it done in that amount of time. On this particular signing I went through a whole unopened pack of 100 flags and was about 75% of the way through the loan package with plenty more pages to be flagged.

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/20/05 8:31pm
Msg #39410

Re: Time To SarahBeth

Were you uncomfortable?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 8:37pm
Msg #39414

No actually I felt pretty good, a tad tired from reviewing and flagging, but relaxed in dealing with the borrowers as all of my work experience has been dealing with people in one way or another. I've spent alot of time studying laws, proceedures, docs, and scripts so I felt very prepared. The borrowers did take a little time to look at the docs but I expect them to. With over 100 signatures on a 150 page doc it was time consuming.

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/20/05 8:39pm
Msg #39415

Oh good, then it was a positive.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 8:52pm
Msg #39416

Oh yes definately. I've become quite the expert at registering with companies. Now I just need to get more calls. So, does your signing service cover CA?

Reply by ManyBell_Tx on 5/20/05 9:55pm
Msg #39423

How long did it take? I did one today a very small package and it took me 1hr and a half the borrowers talked a lot and ask a lot of questions.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/20/05 10:02pm
Msg #39425

Sara I had one last nite that took over 2 hours because the borrowers were cheking and reading as they signed and they made 3 phone calls to the lender. To day iI had one the same size but it only took 45 minuts. It all depends on the borrowers.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 10:25pm
Msg #39437

It took about 2 hours 20 minutes with 1 call to the ss.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/20/05 11:45pm
Msg #39454

Generally, average pkg. 1 hr 15 min. to 1 - 1/2 hours. And I just found out that the people who hire us (and, apparently haven't sat thru one in a loooooonnnggg time), are basing their pay on 1 hour at the table. Think about it. I've been doing this for a loooonnnggg time--and the packages are getting bigger & bigger--redundant docs--conflicting instructions--stuff missing or looking like it was done by a 1st year law student. Many years ago, they took about 1/2 hour.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.