United Notary
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Leslie-Mo on 5/26/05 11:49am
Msg #40532

United Notary

Any information on this company - good, bad, ugly. TIA

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 12:16pm
Msg #40536

See message 37604 - I have reason to think there's more than one, however. Could be "United Notary" or "United Notaries", or two separate companies. I have no idea where they are located. (if you find out...post it here) thx.

Reply by Lily on 5/26/05 12:34pm
Msg #40537

If you are referring to the Colorado company, they are horrible. I will not do business with them. I had to go into the "collection business" to get paid almost 4 months late! Don't take their loans. Keith and Alison Dean don't care how the business is run. And there is a woman named Naomi Mills who will cuss you lower than low if you call for your money. I did 4 loans for them back to back...just 100% AWFUL.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 12:40pm
Msg #40541

Do you know them as "United Notary" or "United Notaries"?

Reply by Leslie-Mo on 5/26/05 2:13pm
Msg #40583

Thanks for the info but it's too late for me now. It was a last minute rush deal & I downloaded docs and was out the door an hour after the call. Everything went smoothly at the signing - so I can only hope to get paid.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 5/26/05 7:14pm
Msg #40655

Re: United Notaries - Colorado

Noami Mills and Crawford Boyd give you the run around. March 25th and I haven't been pd. Yet they keep telling me they will take care of it and to expect April 26th signing payment at end of this month. "Ain't gonna happen"!!!!!

Mysti

Reply by Gregory_ny on 6/3/05 9:23am
Msg #42065

Re: United Notaries - Colorado

Mysti and Lily, I can not believe what I am reading. I called Naomi about my check and I received it within 4 days. I think it was the way you two came at her. Naomi clearly took the time to explain thier system and appologized for the delay. Wow you two give us notaries a bad composition when you put one person in the place of the whole company. Lily you say that she cussed you lower than low but two wrongs clearly does not get you paid. I do not like slow paying but I have several companies that I am still trying to get paid from since 2003. Mysti, where is your morals when you continue to put yourself in this situation. WOW

Reply by Sam on 6/3/05 11:41am
Msg #42085

Re: United Notaries - Greg/Naomi vs. Lily?

Lily wrote - "I had to go into the "collection business" to get paid almost 4 months late!... And there is a woman named Naomi Mills who will cuss you lower than low if you call for your money."

Greg replied - "Naomi clearly took the time to explain their system and apologized for the delay. Wow you [two] give us notaries a bad composition when you put one person in the place of the whole company. Lily you say that she cussed you lower than low but two wrongs clearly does not get you paid."

GREG - why in the world should Lily NOT be angry that her payment was almost 4 months late. And to top it off she was cussed at. Where do you see two wrongs? The company that paid late and then cussed about it seems very wrong to me. Please explain!

Reply by Curtis on 6/3/05 8:32pm
Msg #42197

Re: United Notaries - Greg/Naomi vs. Lily?

Sam are you an instigator or a professional notary?????? Or do you love to Gossip???

Reply by linda-va on 6/3/05 9:39am
Msg #42068

Hello my peer, I have been reading about different companies and notaries around the United States. I have to say we have worse companies out their that will hire us and never pay AND by the time it get really bad, they are no longer in business. I have also read about notaries who have failed to get to the closings on time or are no-shows. I hope Mysti and Lily is not one of those notaries. I am not coming down on you but I work with a Major Title Company and we look on this website for notaries who no only have problems but a solution other than slandering companies and people who work at those companies. This company has both positive and neg. remarks but I can say them will eventually pay the notaries. I am shocked by some of the remarks towards this Ms. Mills woman and I would like to speak with her myself. If she is put in a position as the One holding all the card. I would more than Happy give her a Job with me.... You really need to be aware of the power that is reading the messages becuase some of us want to know how our notaries handle themselves when they are put under pressure "like slow payment"

Reply by Sam on 6/3/05 11:48am
Msg #42086

**I work with a Major Title Company and we look on this website for notaries who no only have problems but a solution other than slandering companies and people who work at those companies. I am shocked by some of the remarks towards this Ms. Mills woman and I would like to speak with her myself. I would more than Happy give her a Job with me**

What Title Company do you work for? Would you seriously consider hiring someone who cusses at their independent contractors? Seriously?? I have been in customer service for over 15 years and I can not think of any instance where cussing at customers, clients, employees or anyone is conducive to running an productive business.

Reply by larry-md on 6/3/05 8:08pm
Msg #42189

I would like to know what exactly did she say to you and why you didn't notify her employer instead of coming on here and having someone like SAM speak for you. I really don't care how many years you have been in customer service... you of all people should know how hard it is at times when you are being confronted by an irate person. ITS A TWO WAY STREET.

Reply by Gregory-ny on 6/3/05 8:14pm
Msg #42192

Sam are you serious. First of all, neither you nor I was on the line to here that conversation. I don't know Lily for Eve but I have spoken to Naomi and that is clearly not what transpired with me and to top it off, my payment was late also. So what I am saying is a) yes Lily should be upset but b) What really was said by both parties is very important. We are allowing this to become in issue when this is between Lily and Naomi. She need to handle it like a REAL WOMAN instead of looking for us to fight her battle for her.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/4/05 12:07pm
Msg #42315

Sam asked what title company linda-va works for, after linda-va, who claims to work for one, said she would gladly give an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed signing service employee a job.

I have no idea what title company linda-va works for, and I suspect none of us ever will because she isn't going to post that information. However, judging from the literary quality of her post, I suspect I can guess what she does for the title company. She is the custodian.

Reply by UNKNOWN on 6/11/05 11:40am
Msg #43955

WELL YOU REALLY HELP THE SITUATION. NICE GOING MR. ATTY.(?) RETIRED ATTY. NOW DOING NOTARY WORK. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE PERSON WHY ARE YOU FOUL-MOUTHING SOMEONE. THAT'S LIKE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/4/05 11:25am
Msg #42303

Re: replies to Greg, Curtis and Larry

Curtis - I do like to read what other notaries have to say about which companies treat them with respect and which companies do not. I do not consider that gossip.

Larry - Lily used this board to share her experiences. I was very surprised by the comments she recieved in turn by Linda and Greg. I don't know what was said between Lily and Naomi -however, Greg himself concured that a cuss out did take place.

Greg - I do not know Lily. I do not know Naomi. I do know that this forum is a place where we should support our fellow notaries and I was doing just that. I would do the same if she were a man.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 11:40am
Msg #42306

Sam, I think I will need this thread indexed and cross-referenced to understand what the heck is going on here.
---------------
FWIW...Don't know Sam or her work, but SamIam has been posting here for a good while and seems to have a pretty level head on her shoulders. She's got a sense of the English language under her control...a breath of fresh air...she's respectful, but she's not sugar-coated.

Having come from the military, she's got a way of cutting through the chase and getting to the heart of the matter. Some people don't care for that as it leaves little floating around in a gray area. I like it. In fact, I am so appreciative of the military and that they keep watch while I sleep at night, I just think Sam's near perfect.

What??? No one asked me??? Ok...then...nevermind.

Reply by Sam on 6/4/05 3:03pm
Msg #42347

Great post Brenda - where should I sent your check?

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 3:47pm
Msg #42348

Just send it via PayPal.

Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 12:11pm
Msg #42316

Just got a payment in for a job 45 +/- days ago. Met my fee.

I would work for them again. They pay 30 days after signing, but that's 30 business days.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.