Notary Rotary
Virus
Notary Discussion History

Virus
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 5/5/05 9:13am
Msg #35951

Virus

Has anyone heard any more about the virus that is being sent to us? I'm still getting at least 3 each hour. All saying they are from different signing services and title agencies. It is getting rather annoying!

Reply by ColleenCA on 5/5/05 9:16am
Msg #35953

Our service provider quar. two of them today. Glad they are on top of the situation.

Reply by missy_socal on 5/5/05 9:19am
Msg #35954

spam assassin?

There's the obvious point about keeping your virus protection up to date, not opening any suspicious attachments, etc.....

Here's something that was helpful to me:
My husband has a public email address, so we would get literally hundreds of spam/virus emails daily. About year ago, we had spam assasin put on our server end (you can do it on your personal computer, as well), and it cut down on that kind of thing tremendously. I never even SEE all those emails anymore!

Reply by jojo_MN on 5/5/05 9:44am
Msg #35956

Re: spam assassin?

Mine puts all mail containing potential viruses into a separate Bulk mail. Then it won't allow it to download if there is a virus attached. Like I said, it is just getting very irritating.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.