Notary Rotary
Wrong info on Mortgage
Notary Discussion History

Wrong info on Mortgage
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by stamper_WI on 5/28/05 1:00pm
Msg #40989

Wrong info on Mortgage

WI is a marital law state. Usually the nonborrowing spouse signs the mortgage, Right to cancel etc. The 1st page of this mortgage said he was a single man paying off a land contract! Neither was true! Being a holiday weekend and time difference's I couldn't get ahold of the SS or lender at the time, so only he signed. There were specific instructions for the spouse to sign the right to cancel in the packet..so she did. Verification...if they want her to sign I do not back date but do I recertify?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/28/05 1:23pm
Msg #40993

You were correct to follow the instructions you were given, even though the mortagage had the wrong info, as you couldn't get a hold of anyone, and to do anything different would have been UPL.

Now, they may want to redo the docs with the correct information, or they may just want to have her sign the mortgage. If they just want her to sign the mortgage, you will just do a separate notarization for her, dated, of course, for the actual date you are doing it.

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/28/05 4:38pm
Msg #41023

Actually I was able to do the corrections on her today...I just had to go back and they offered me an additional trip fee to do so. FYI I was told no borrowing spouses have to sign the mortgage, Right to cancel, Truth in Lending and Itemization of Amount Financed in situations like this. Which I take to be marital Law states.

Everybody is happy and I am finally home! Thanks Sylvia

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.