Notary Rotary
agency agreement
Notary Discussion History

agency agreement
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by LW/WI on 5/11/05 7:30pm
Msg #37210

agency agreement

i took a call today for a refi signing with edocs, agreed upon fee, only to get back to my office and find not only the confirmation email, but 30 additional pages i could fill out and send back to them in order to be paid. this agreement even had a no compete clause, for a very large agency, that if you get any signings from their originators, you will owe them a fee. i get alot of signings for countrywide loans such as this through many agencies, i hardly will agree not to take any without cutting them in. this seems to be happening more and more, a simple signing request turns into an attempt to have me join the agency as an independent, waste about an hour filling out papers, many of which are condescending and patronizing, with very basic notary info you had to pass to be certified anyway, and sending copies of everything but my shoe size, only to have the order cancel at the last minute and never hear from them again. i am afraid to mention the company, as i see they all can read this too, and really isnt just for notaries to exchange info, i dont want to shoot myself in the foot, but this is sooo frustrating, i had to vent. thanks for listening

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/11/05 7:44pm
Msg #37211

LW
Would you click on my link to go to my profile and send me an e-mail with the name of the company?

Reply by John / FL on 5/12/05 8:25am
Msg #37273

I'm just curious, but is anyone aware of a signing service actually enforcing one of these non-compete agreements?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.