Notary Rotary
certificates
Notary Discussion History

certificates
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by yani/fl on 5/19/05 12:45pm
Msg #39007

certificates

I went to buy loose certificates just case I need them at a closing. Any guidance as to best place to order and exactly which I need to have at all times. Thanks for any help.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/19/05 12:49pm
Msg #39009

The seasoned notaries here advised me to carry blank acks (worded according to my state's law) and jurats. I took both to a signing the other day and was so happy I had it because there was an extra document that the client needed notarized, so I attached my blank ack and filled it in ...this forum can be a lifesaver! Smiley

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/19/05 12:59pm
Msg #39015

I Always carry every kind of notary certificate in my briefcase. Being a Notary dose not mean you just do loans. If you get a call from the public you better have any kind of certificate you might need, they might know what kind they need but might not have the wording already on what needs to be notarized.
California all purpose acknowledgment
Jurat with affiant statement
Proof of execution by subscribing witness
Copy certification of power of attorney
Certification by document custodian.
this is what I carry
this is what I carry at all times. I orded all mine from the NNA , Notary Rotary might have them too.

Reply by Jon on 5/19/05 3:17pm
Msg #39058

I made all my own certificates. I only carry paper copies of the ack and jurat. I have all of the others on my PC and also on my laptop. A Proof of Execution by Subscribing Witness is not necessary to carry because in order to use that cert you must personally know the witness. If you know the witness they will most likely tell you ahead of time what is happening and you can print only the certs you need. Same with a Copy Cert of POA, they will tell you ahead of time so you can print the appropriate cert. (Not to mention that you should probably make the copy yourself so as to be sure it is an exact copy.)

Just curious, have you ever had any one request a "Certification by Document Custodian" before? The reason I ask is because if you are suggesting to the signer to use that cert, it could be construed as UPL.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/20/05 1:58am
Msg #39194

miss said:
The seasoned (what ever that means) notaries here advised me to carry blank acks and jurats."
then you carry on to say that it saved you when a certificate was needed at a signing.
Well the news is...a well prepared notary carries every kind of certificate at all times, should not have to be told that by an unseoned or seosend anyone.
My two cents which you should not take personally.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/19/05 12:59pm
Msg #39014

I don't buy them, I simply typed the CA acknowledgement wording into a Microsoft Word document and voila. The jurat was available as a .pdf from the SOS website so I use that if I can't use my stamp.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/19/05 1:13pm
Msg #39020

Re: certificates...We are Notary Publics, not just Signing .

agents. Having jurats and acknowledgments doesn't cut it. Would be quit embarrassing to have to tell a person that calls for a notarization. Well sorry I don't have the right certificate, don't have them and don't know how to use them. OMG I shudder.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/19/05 2:29pm
Msg #39043

Erna

reread the original post...it was specifically for a loan closing. Who said anything about not knowing how to fill anything out???

All I need to carry to a closing are my acks and my jurat stamp

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/19/05 5:39pm
Msg #39084

Re: Charm

"who saied anything about not knowing how to fill anything out?? "
certainly not me. did dont say any such thing.
Perhaps you sould read mine again.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/19/05 5:46pm
Msg #39087

Re: Charm

ok...miss stated - your quote

don't know how to use them. OMG I shudder.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/19/05 1:24pm
Msg #39024

Like Cali, I make my own in Word...I always carry extras...California All-Purpose Acknowledgments and the new 2005 California Jurat.

Reply by yani/fl on 5/19/05 7:49pm
Msg #39125

Everyone thank you for your help!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.