Notary Rotary
did I blow it??
Notary Discussion History

did I blow it??
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by ronni jennings on 5/19/05 10:00am
Msg #38975

did I blow it??

I had my third signing last night. When I checked the borrowers i.d. their name was longer than the name on the loan docs. I told her she needed to sign her name the same as what was printed on the docs. After I got home and went over them again, although her signature was a little messy it looks like she did not sign her full name. As it was printed on the docs. What will happen if they do not accept them? Will I get paid? How bad will that look on my part? I hope I did not blow my career before I even got it started. I would appericate any feed back. Thank YOU!!!

Reply by TN Notary on 5/19/05 10:26am
Msg #38979

Chances are you will have to have them resigned.
Depends what SS. Some have a 3 strikes policy.
Maybe nothing.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/19/05 11:37am
Msg #38988

I often get borrowers whose signature looks like they did not sign their full name, and I usually say "Is your middle initial in there" - and they usually tell me it is, sometimes they tell me their full middle name is in there, even when it looks like it isn't.
Not much you can do. I have never had one come back to haunt me.
We can only direct them to sign as printed, if they tell us they did, there is nothing much we can do.

Reply by calipat/ca on 5/19/05 1:47pm
Msg #39032

I have actually had a few people sign their name and it looks more like a symbol of sort not a name. The first time this happenned I called SS. They asked if his DL was signed that way. I said yes. Then they said ask him if that is how he normally signs. Borrower said yes. He said all his loan docs were always signed that way for the past 20 some odd years and never a problem. Usually if I see an unusual signature I call the SS and make sure it is okay to sign that way. I have never ever had a problem. I even had one borrower print her name as she could not sign in cursive....no problem.

Reply by Carol_CA on 5/19/05 6:56pm
Msg #39113

Once I had to send a photo copy of my journal entry signature, but not beofre the title co asked me if I actually "witnessed the signature"! The borrower had done business with the title co before and the signature just didn't match. Sometimes age and illnesses can affect a persons signature. I think that may have been the case in my situtation. :o)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.