Notary Rotary
eLynx - see before you print?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by SamIam_CA on 5/26/05 8:12pm
Msg #40665

I'm am not a computer savvy person. I have managed to download the eLynx program and eLynx documents from different title companies.

What I can not figure out how to do is actually see the documents on the computer monitor before they get sent to my printer. As it stands now the down loaded docs go to a folder on my desktop. When I click on the folder my printer starts spitting out the docs. I'm paranoid that I won't know if the entire package printed or not.

Any suggestions?

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 8:29pm
Msg #40671

I have the same problem (yes I am stalking you Smiley). I even called elynx...got a tech...bored him to death with why I needed the program, why I needed it, blah, blah...with a bored sigh he responded..."did you download the printer utility with your email?"' I said "yes"...he said "then it should work". So, I did what I always do with a computer tech who I can't communicate with...I said thank you, and hung up.

Reply by Nd_WA on 5/26/05 9:43pm
Msg #40706

There is no good way that I know of to view raw pcl data (docs). One alternative you can do is try setting your printer default to CutePDF (free from Adobe) or MS document imaging( MS Office 2003).

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 9:52pm
Msg #40714

while reading your post I saw "cutePDF" then I read..."MS difficult imaging"... Either this has been a long day or I'm losing my mind.

Reply by Nd_WA on 5/26/05 10:00pm
Msg #40717

Both CutePDF and MS doc imaging are print utilities that work like a printer except:

CutePDF: Convert other documents to a readable PDF file. This is a free utility from adobe.
MS Doc Imaging: Scan and convert document into an image file. This is included in the latest MS Office Pro 2003.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 10:09pm
Msg #40719

My version of office came w/windows 2000. I'll check out adobe's site - I have the acrobat viewer, hope my 5 yr old computer is compatible with this utility. Thx.

Reply by Nd_WA on 5/26/05 11:11pm
Msg #40731

Sorry, it's www.cutepdf.com...n/m

Reply by Hi Sam on 5/27/05 1:56am
Msg #40744

Re: Sorry, it's www.cutepdf.com...n/m

Did you try to click on "Print Preview" under the File button. It should show you the preview that will print on your printer.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/27/05 11:39am
Msg #40802

Re: Sorry, it's www.cutepdf.com...n/m

Like someone wrote above - no easy way. Unfortunately, there is no file button to use to get to print preview. It is a print only application and you don't even tell it to print - it just does it automatically if the file is opened. I will try to play with the cute pdf and if I figure it out I'll re-post and let you all know.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.