Notary Rotary
how can I get certified
Notary Discussion History

how can I get certified
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by mdnotary on 5/2/05 11:06am
Msg #35280

how can I get certified

I am in MD and want to get certified. Where can I get certified?

Reply by Huh on 5/2/05 11:13am
Msg #35281

As what... a lunatic--(MD = short for "mad")?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/2/05 11:18am
Msg #35283

Ignore the rudeness from "Huh".

Please use the "Search" button at the top of the Forum Page. There are many posts regarding what is needed in Maryland to do closings.

Please read the previous posts on this Forum. There is an education to be gained. Please pay special attention to the postings of Art_MD because he is experienced and knowledgable in Maryland's peculiarities.

Good luck!

Reply by Anon on 5/2/05 11:37am
Msg #35288

Re: Ignore the rudeness from "Huh".

Go to nationalnotary.org

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/2/05 11:40am
Msg #35290

National Notary Association?!

Before you decide to take the advice of someone who does not have the courage to list his or her name, search this forum for "NNA" and "National Notary" Association.

The NNA is known for making money for the NNA, not necessarily doing the best for notaries.

Research first, then make up your own mind!

Reply by Anon on 5/2/05 11:42am
Msg #35292

Re: National Notary Association?!

I just said go there... I didn't say go sleep with'em. MY GOD some of you people are such a huge pain... JEEEZ Ernest

Reply by Vicki/MD on 5/2/05 11:45am
Msg #35294

You need to be a Licensed Title Producer, which means you take a class, pass a test, buy a $100,000 bond and then get your title license. Visit the MD Insurance Administration website for more info. Make sure you have enough E&O insurance to cover your bond. There is no such thing as "certification" for MD signing agents. Prepare to spend about $1500 to get it all lined up.

Reply by Anon on 5/2/05 11:46am
Msg #35295

Thank you Vicki/MD. I sure wish everyone was as helpful as you are.

Reply by aasailor_MD on 5/2/05 6:41pm
Msg #35403

Hi Vicki, I just received my license from Maryland as well. My questions are thus:

Did you register your business as an LLC?
Must you have E&O? and if so approximately how much would it cost me?
Lastly, how did you go about and to whom did you register with to get business?

Need your assistance in getting started with this business. \

Thanking you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/2/05 11:47am
Msg #35296

Re: contact me..

click find a notary key. enter zip 21658 you will be able to get my e-mail and phone # (610-xxx-xxxx). Contact me.

In MD it is not certification you worry about, its becoming a Licensed Title Producer. MD requirement for doing refi closings.

Arthur Walsh

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/2/05 11:47am
Msg #35297

certified or commissioned?

Did you want to know how to be Certified as a Signing Agent? Or were you asking how to be commissioned as a Notary Public? I ask because the office of Notaries Public is state specific - while being commissioned is neither state specific nor a requirement of being a Signing Agent.

I suggest you read post 33325 dated 04/22 (use the search button to find it) and then come back here if you have more questions.

Sam
P.s just ignore posts from IP 24.73.211.26

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/2/05 11:57am
Msg #35303

Re: certified or commissioned? I mis-typed!

***Notaries Public is state specific - while being commissioned is neither state specific nor a requirement of being a Signing Agent***

I meant to type - being a commissioned Notary Public is state specific but being CERTIFIED is neither state specific nor required for being a Signing Agent. After seeing other replies it seems as if MD requires you to get a license that I am not familiar with in CA.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 5/2/05 5:50pm
Msg #35377

I think that we should assume that mdnotary is already a notary that is commissioned in Maryland. A Title Producers License is the next step.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/2/05 6:44pm
Msg #35404

And, Loretta...doesn't it cost about a million dollars?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/3/05 7:00am
Msg #35482

Re: cost estimate

Figure $1500 after all is said and done to get Title Producer's License.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.