Notary Rotary
new to business
Notary Discussion History

new to business
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 5/2/05 8:30pm
Msg #35430

new to business

I am trying to get started. I have joined some agencies, but am reluctant to join the ones that ask for experience because although I attended a seminar and have been a notary for over 20 years I have never performed an actual closing. I have not been contacted by any of the firms I signed up for. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reply by Carol_CA on 5/2/05 8:51pm
Msg #35433

Have you thought about "shadowing" a seasoned signer? I did that when I first began doing signings. It was a great learning experience and I used the expereince(s) whenever I was asked about my experience. Good luck.

Reply by yani on 5/2/05 9:37pm
Msg #35444

thanks for the idea.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/2/05 9:09pm
Msg #35439

***I have joined some agencies***

How many? Most SAs suggest you start with 100 right away, then work yourself up to 300 overtime. Begin with the SSs until you have closed 50 signings. Then target the Title Companies.

***I have not been contacted by any of the firms***
What state are you in? If your area is saturated you may be in for a long wait.

In future posts please include a name (or pseudonym) and your state. You will get more replies to your posts than if you remain anonymous. I also suggest reading post 33325 dated 04/22. Good luck!

Reply by yani on 5/2/05 9:37pm
Msg #35443

Thanks for the advice. I live in Florida. I haven't joined that many agenices. Most of the agencies ask for experience information and I do not have any.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/2/05 10:36pm
Msg #35463

Sylvia_FL - can you give Yani some words of wisdom? n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/2/05 10:55pm
Msg #35466

Yani
Where in Florida are you situated?

Reply by yani_fl on 5/3/05 9:29am
Msg #35492

Hi Sylvia, I live in Ft Lauderdale. Carol had a good idea of shadowing someone, but I do not know anyone in the business. If you have any ideas for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/3/05 10:08am
Msg #35500

Well, I was thinking if you were closer to me I could help you more. But I am in Brevard county, 2 or 3 hours from you.

I got your e-mail and I will reply to it in a little while

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/3/05 3:03pm
Msg #35586

Hi! If you haven't done so already,

I would start with some of the larger signing companies, such as:

NotaryPro
MortgageDocs.com
Veri-Docs

These companies tend to want to babysit their notaries by having them fax the notarized documents back and they pay low, but I don't think they have requirements that you have closed loans. Good luck!

Reply by yani_fl on 5/3/05 3:07pm
Msg #35588

Re: Hi! If you haven't done so already,

Thank you!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.