Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
non-paying title company - any recourse?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Crystal Thibodeaux on 5/19/05 1:59pm
Msg #39036

For those of you who work directly for title companies, have you ever had one not pay? I have several outstanding invoices with one, who refuses to return my calls or emails, on closings from March. My name is even on the HUD along with the fee. I seem to be hitting a dead end at every turn, as there doesnt seem to be any regulation on this (I was under the impression that if its on the HUD, a check has to be cut at funding) Evryone just keeps referring me back to small claims court.

Any suggestions?

Reply by Lori/CA on 5/19/05 2:22pm
Msg #39041

Crystal,

Seeing it is a Title Company, I would call the branch manager if that did not work I would call the area manager. Collecting money from borrower to pay you then holding the money they could be in serious trouble being a Title Co.

I would climb the latter until someone with enough power would help. Small claims would be the last place I would go to collect. I would look into who governs the Title Companies and then let the Title Co know you will be turning them in.

You also need to see when the loan closed. They may not be paying due to the fact the loan did not close, in that case you would not be paid.

Just my 2 cents worth, good luck!

Lori

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 5/19/05 2:56pm
Msg #39054

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago

I called and emailed and no one would respond. It was very strange. Finally, I called the lender who (at the time) talked me into taking the signing in the 1st place and up'd my fee by $100.00.

I was very nice and professional. I just asked him if the loan didn't close or if I had any errors as the title company hadn't paid me yet and wouldn't return my calls for some reason.

I got my check in a couple of days.

Reply by MI_Notary on 5/19/05 4:37pm
Msg #39074

Care to share which title co and state. Others may have advice about the particular title co if the name is given. We also want to make sure those who don't pay, don't keep doing it to other notaries. ;)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.