Notary Rotary
nubee has a question
Notary Discussion History

nubee has a question
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by cjservices-ca on 5/14/05 11:52pm
Msg #37881

nubee has a question

Some professions list their lic#'s on there business cards. Is printing your lic. # on a business card or giving it out eather unlawful, unwise, or done regularly.

I was signing up for a disscussion group on yahoo and was asked for my license # and name as it appears on lic. ?????????

Thanks

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/15/05 11:13am
Msg #37919

excellent question re: license number n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/15/05 4:33pm
Msg #37966

I would not put my "license number", nor my commission number on my business card for two reasons: (1) this number is not needed by the general public and (2) I don't want to make new business cards when I renew my commission.

As for wanting your license number for a Yahoo group, I personally would not supply it. BTW, which Yahoo Group is asking for that information? (Certainly not the SigningAgent group that I moderate!)

<< Clarification of (1) above. If someone requests my services, they are entitled to know my commission #. It is part of our seal, so they get it whether we like it or not. But I don't generally make it available to the masses. That's what I meant about the "general public". >>

Reply by Lawrence/OK on 5/16/05 10:57am
Msg #38018

Paul, I did'nt know you moderated that group.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/16/05 2:26pm
Msg #38067

There's a lot of things people don't know about me! Smiley (Except Brenda and Sylvia, they know everything.) <G>

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.