Notary Rotary
reporting notary misconduct
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by John Durrant on 5/4/05 9:51pm
Msg #35905

I have been expecting payment on a delenquent mortgage. The last contact I have had with the man that I sold the house to said, 'I should check with the escrow officer. I was never able to get ahold of her nor even where she worked. I have reciently checked the county recorders office and have found a 'Substitution of trustee and full reconveyance' which has a signiture on it that is NOT mine!

How can I document/prove fraud and who should I report this to?

Reply by k/ca on 5/4/05 10:29pm
Msg #35908

You should start with the police dept. As for reporting the notary for misconduct, we would need to know what state you are talking about. Post again and put the two letter abbreviation after your name. Hopefully then a notary from your state will be able to tell you what they would do in the same situation. Good luck.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/4/05 11:40pm
Msg #35913

Did you not get copies of your loan papers? Dose it not list name of lender or title/escrow company?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/4/05 11:48pm
Msg #35914

Re: reporting notary misconduct -Erna

if I am reading the original post correctly, he was holding a mortgage on the property and was supposed to be paid off. He wasn't paid off and is now trying to track his money.

On the original post he stated that the signature on the docs in the recorders office wasn't his signature. This does not mean there was notary misconduct, unless the notary didn't exercise due diligence in identifying the signer - he/she may have been presented with a false ID that was difficult to detect it was false. Without knowing all the details it is hard to say that the notary was guilty of misconduct.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/4/05 11:55pm
Msg #35915

I agree, I just don't understand him not having everyones phone number and information. Perhaps sale by owner? Not enough information in his post to figure out what happened.

Reply by ANON on 5/5/05 4:13am
Msg #35929

SYLVIA YOU WOULD MAKE A BETTER DETECTIVE THAN WHAT YUO CALL YOURSELF NOW, "A NOTARY"

Reply by Dogmonger CA on 5/5/05 10:55am
Msg #35980

Is this supposed to be some time of cheap shot a Sylvia?? NM

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.