Notary Rotary
stupid question, asking it anyway
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by caroleMI on 5/11/05 6:17pm
Msg #37190

I have a Seller's signing tomorrow, and the property being sold is in Florida. However, they are siging the documents here in Michigan, shouldn't I change the State and County on the Warranty Deed and other documents that I notarize? Also, should I tell the Seller's to have 2 witnesses there since Florida requires witness.

Please don't bite my head off. LOL

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/11/05 6:30pm
Msg #37191

On your notary certificate you state where you are.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/11/05 6:31pm
Msg #37192

Yes, change the venue on your notary certificates to reflect the venue where you are signing.

Also you will need to have the seller provide another witness (you can be one of the 2 witnesses) for the Warranty deed for it to record in Florida.

Reply by caroleMI on 5/11/05 6:34pm
Msg #37193

Thank you both. I knew that's what I should do, but I needed confirmation. Thank you sooooo much.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/11/05 6:36pm
Msg #37194

On notarizations, you need to put your location because you are stating where you are notarizing the signatures.

And I would say "Yes" you do need 2 witnesses (you can be one, so you only need one other) to sign the Warranty Deed. I have never done the seller's portion of a signing, so I don't know what all will be included in the package. I'm sure Sylvia or PAW will give you the right answer!

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/11/05 8:46pm
Msg #37228

Re: heh, I didn't think it was a stupid question

Carole,

Actually I guess you asked two questions. The one that I was referring to was the one relating to the requirement of withesses for a florida property.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.