to sign or not to sign
Notary Discussion History

to sign or not to sign
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by new AZ on 5/5/05 2:45pm
Msg #36047

to sign or not to sign

is the following an acknowledgement or not? its for a re-finance

this loan must be closed and disbursed acoording to these instructions. If you obtain information.......

This loan was closed and disbursed in ......

Closing Agent

_____________ ____
Closing Agent Date

The UNDERSIGNED, hereby acknowledg receipe of these Lenders Closing Instructions and consent to the terms and conditons described herein,

Borrowers

Do I have to acknowledge this?

Reply by Stephen_VA on 5/5/05 2:53pm
Msg #36052

It is not an acknowledgement as far as I can tell. The "acknowledge" area seems to refer to the borrowers. Also if you are going to sign something in the package as something other than a notary then make sure the items in the document are within your power. Many times I see this for the closer who will actually disburse the funds. I can't disburse funds, so there is no way this document is for me to sign.

Reply by new AZ on 5/5/05 3:00pm
Msg #36057

thank you

I thought so but I wanted to make sure, not that I'd miss something. So far every signing package I've received had quite diffent sets of docs Smiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/5/05 2:59pm
Msg #36055

The borrowers are acknowledging receipt of the instructions etc.

It is not notarized document, unless it had a notary certificate on it, which these usually don't.

Reply by Al Takem CA on 5/5/05 3:03pm
Msg #36059

Chimp

Did ytou really have to question whether you needed to notarize that?!?

Reply by Ali-IL on 5/5/05 3:38pm
Msg #36072

Re: Chimp

You need to calm down.

Reply by MsRobboPA on 5/5/05 4:51pm
Msg #36096

This doc does not need to be notarized. It is for the borrowers only. If it needs notarization, there should be a section under the borrowers for you to fill out. Also, if the lender needed an acknowledgement for any reason you should have instructions in your work order or through the lenders closing instructions.

Reply by Zana Darrow on 5/5/05 11:48pm
Msg #36186

Often the "closing agent" refered to is the title company agent in charge of the closing. If you look at the document it includes closing requirements. payoff instructions etc. Stuff for the paper shuffler at the title co

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.