Notary Rotary
what is up with these lenders?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Donna Ca on 5/20/05 12:19am
Msg #39183

I had a signing this evening involving edocs. I came home, downloaded and printed the docs, called the borrower as I was leaving ( at his request when I had originally confirmed with him) and was on my way. It was about 40 minutes away andI had to squeeze into the time frame between when his wife got home and when CSI came on, anyway, I get home after com-leting the signing to discover 2 more emails with a total of 8 pages that had arrived after I had left. There was no indication that there were anymoredocs coming whenI printed the original package. Now what? I have to hand deliver the docs tomorrow morning about 45 minutes in the opposite direction from here- a total of 11 1/2 hours from where the borrower lives, not to mentiion the fact that both husband and wife will be at work then anyway.

Reply by Melody on 5/20/05 12:26am
Msg #39186

Do the extra docs have to be notarized?

If not, you may be able to fax them to the borrowers and have them sign and get back to title company via fax or mail.

If the docs need to be notarized, you should contact TC and ask for more money for a second visit. Ask them to tell the SS that your second trip has been authorized by them.

Quote a high fee. SS was a jerk for not letting you know what to expect.

Reply by ColleenCA on 5/20/05 7:25am
Msg #39204

This sounds like it is becoming all too common practice. I would definately charge an additional fee to go back to the borrower or if you have to fax and sign, then a fee for your time doing that. Just my humble opinion.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/20/05 12:55pm
Msg #39307

I would say call before delivering if possible just in case they decide to change delivery instructions since the situation is different than what they expected. I also would charge a fee if they want you to go back since this is no fault of your own. They did not inform you there would be more than one delivery of docs. In the time that it will take you to go back to the borrower to have them sign you could have taken on another assigniment and recieved full fee for. Unless this is a real good client that will give repeat business I wouldn't consider giving them a discount. We already give quite a discount for loan packages as it is. If you are booked and they had to get someone else they would have to pay them full fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.