Notary Rotary
24/7 - can you fudge the date?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/1/05 10:44am
Msg #73380

Got a call last night from 24/7. Everything was going by the book setting up the appointment - until they asked me to do the signing on Nov. 2, but date the acks and jurats and have br sign with the date of Nov. 4.

I told them if I did the signing on Nov 2, my ack's etc would reflect Nov 2. If they wanted them dated Nov 4, I told them I would be happy to complete the signing on Nov 4. No matter what date I did the signing, my actions would reflect the proper date.

Seems they needed a split signing as one spouse is out of the state. They told me the reason they needed it dated 2 days after the actual act is so the other notary could complete their part??? What?? Are they invisioning the other notary just adding the 2nd signers name to my ack? What about the state and county? Haven't they hear of a loose ack? I think not!

Seems rather odd - I wonder what the doc date will be....

Anywho....wondering what MN notary they found to fulfill their wishes. Gotta love those notaries that will do anything for a buck. I will turn money down to remain ethical.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/1/05 10:54am
Msg #73384

I do split signings from time to time. There is never any need to fudge the dates as the signing co was suggesting. The indiv ack handles that situation, as you have stated.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/1/05 10:57am
Msg #73386

Yep - I have done many before and have never been asked this.

I belive there is a hidden agenda, even though I have no idea what the may be...

Reply by Marie_MN on 11/1/05 10:59am
Msg #73387

I got a call from the yesterday and today. I told them I would not change the date. What are they thinking? They are a new company to call me. How have they been for others?

Reply by Anonymous on 11/1/05 12:09pm
Msg #73413

I can't beleive they called you twice! Did they think you changed your mind? I am sure they will find a notary to do their dirty work. It just isn't going to be me.

Reply by christiSocal on 11/1/05 1:56pm
Msg #73447

I have never worked for them but..

from what I have read on this board, I believe they are no or slooow pay. Just one more reason to not work for them.

Reply by TCMN on 11/1/05 3:42pm
Msg #73470

I've worked with them and

I haven't had them ask me to post or back date but that doesn't mean they don't or won't. I also got paid in 35 days and that was signing 9/26 check came yesterday # 101076.

I've had other companies ask that before and I tell them the same thing though you did Annon...."No can do", unless the paypal payment was received for about $600,000 to cover the legal fees, live-in nanny for the kids while I'm in jail and the estimate for the income I would lose going away for 5 years
Paypal is still $0.00... but really I wouldn't do it... just like seeing their reaction when I tell them that. lololol

Reply by Anonymous on 11/2/05 1:37am
Msg #73598

They called me in MN. I turned them down

I want to called me as well. I turned them down. They do not even understand how this business works and they are a signing company. Ugh!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.