Notary Discussion History

2 hardrives in 1 month.. AAAAAAAHHHHHH
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 10:43am
Msg #77387

2 hardrives in 1 month.. AAAAAAAHHHHHH

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 10:48am
Msg #77389

Ok the second cup of coffee was just poured. Hit enter prematurely. Started the month out with 4 pc's. 1 good, 1 decent, 2 dinosaurs. The good and a dino both bit the dust. My poor hubby was up till 2 last night taking the good from all the pc's to get this one up. Goal for Feb is get a new pc. Poor hubby has formated, rebooted, fiddled around, (hey there's a point where listening to pc talk begins to sound like the Peanuts teacher) with the pc's in one way or another the last 2 weeks.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 10:51am
Msg #77392

I know the feelign about the pc talk my hubby is a computer "geek" and he drives me crazy talking all technical all the time. If you need a new hard drive try newegg.com he gets alot of stuff from there when he is building computers at a fairly decent price. Just a bit of info if you are in the market

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 10:57am
Msg #77394

Well my hubby got one together but I will feel more comfortable just getting a new pc after the first of the year. All I have to do is say "honey I really think we should get a new computer, you know we need more speed, memory..." At which point I would be smelling the rubber he just laid in the driveway on his way to get it. Will I make any suggestions? Heck no, I'll just let him get his jollies getting it, putting it together, and then I'll kick his butt off of it so I can work.

Oh and don't you just love the conversation at the propellor head Christmas parties. They can't serve the champagne fast enough.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 11:01am
Msg #77397

Oh and here's the kicker, he was going to make back-ups of all the documents and stuff this weekend. So now he's got to go through the whole recover the stuff off the hardrive again.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:01am
Msg #77398

lol I know huh. It took me 6 months to get my laptop because I was going to be using it for this business he wanted the "right" one drove me crazy with all the talk about ram and harddrive space and on and on and on.

What gets under my skin though is that when I try to tell him something is wrong and I call it the wrong thing I get a lecture on what it is and how it works and then I have to repeat back to him what he told me. I just smile and say it all wrong again.

Reply by JM_NY on 11/18/05 11:10am
Msg #77401

Computer Geeks

Sure wish I had one in the house. My knowledge is only from trial and error. Never to put a hard drive in. I had a computer crash this past month and had to call someone to move stuff around and then again when my new computer arrived. Expensive also.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:16am
Msg #77405

Re: Computer Geeks

Yes it is expensive to have someone come in. We get phone calls and stray computers around here all the time. My hubby helps friends and family out with theirs. He even built three for our attorney friend. The last one he built for us he built for a lot cheaper than could buy off the shelf. And it has a lot more in it than one we could get from Dell or anywhere else without paying thousands. we priced a similar computer that didn't have all the neat upgrades and it was like 5000 ours came in under two. It sounds like a jet plane with all the fans but at least it doesn't get too hot.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 11:12am
Msg #77403

HAHAHA. I just tell my hubby I stopped listening after the first two sentances. Oh and my hubby is the once who like to get the guts and put it together himself so I could imagine what would happen if I asked for a laptop.

He didn't get started on my pc till real late because he had my 11 year old son up till 10:30 playing Roller Coaster Tycoon. Of course I had to gripe at my hubby 3 times that it was past my sons bedtime.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:22am
Msg #77409

LoL yea I know how that is. Mine can get lost in a computer and forget there is anyone else around. When I told him I wanted a new laptop he started researching them and then would decide on one then find a bettre one. Now he is talking about getting me another one. When I asked why he got all technical and so I just said I like the one I have somethings are just not meant to be given up then I winked at him and walked away. He hasn't brought it up since.

Reply by JM_NY on 11/18/05 11:29am
Msg #77413

computers

I am waiting to print a set of docs for a 2:00 closing that the Title co computers are down. The life of asigning agent. It thoughs the whole day off. I love sitting on the edge.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:31am
Msg #77416

Re: computers

LOl yeah I do to it seems. I have a signing at the Jail here tommorrow. I still haven't gotten the docs was suppose to have them yesterday.......

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/18/05 11:38am
Msg #77419

Ladies, I am envying you right now. :-). I've had tons of computer problems and when I try to explain my frustration to my husband, who knows less than I do, he just says " Oh, its so nice to have an engineer at work". He's referring to his office. When he has computer problems at work he asks the engineer or other computer savy people to help him out.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:44am
Msg #77421

Yes we are lucky (thought we get frustrated) where in cali are you Jenny?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/18/05 11:50am
Msg #77424

In Fresno. there are several jails and a few prisons here in the valley. I've considered the women's prison for notarizations but I'm not too sure yet.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:52am
Msg #77426

I wasn't to sure about it when they called and asked and I figured why not. I did charge them extra because it is the jail. And the SS agreed so we will see what happens.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 11:55am
Msg #77428

As a lady I wouldn't feel comfortable at a mens prison. But I would have no problem with going to a womens prison to work.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 11:59am
Msg #77430

I am not sure I am comfortable with it. So if I am a nervouse wreck when i get out I will never do that again. I figure if I am going to strangers houses all the time at least I can try this there will be guards there so i will be safe. I hope........LOL

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/18/05 12:05pm
Msg #77436

I think your right and it is worth going at least once to see what it is like. And if all goes well you could always see about setting up a bi-weekly time to go or at least pass out some business cards to the staff. It may turn out to be no big deal and an oppertunity for income.

I am not very awake yet.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/18/05 12:02pm
Msg #77432

The only notarization that I've done related to jails is once this many was giving up custody for his child. He was going to go to court the next day but because of the 3 Strikes law he was going to skip town he knew he would most likely go straight to jail. I've also received calls from bondsmen but they've been late at night so I've skipped them.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/18/05 12:04pm
Msg #77435

Re: forgive the grammar or lack of. :-) n/m

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/18/05 12:11pm
Msg #77438

I figure an opportunity is an opportunity and hopefully I will get more business out of it. If it wasn't safe they would not let us do this. In my opinion. So I will go like I said and if I am completely wigged out i will know that going to the jail is not for me. LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.