Notary Rotary
Adobe Reader
Notary Discussion History

Adobe Reader
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by jlynn on 11/19/05 10:31am
Msg #77649

Adobe Reader

Can anyone help me out ?? My problem is that after I download the docs , it will say to open or to save which I've tried both. Anyways looks like it's going to open and then the page is all grey with and ERROR saying the file as been damaged and could not be repaired. I tried for like four hours yesterday and been trying again this morning. It opens some of the files.
And they even resent me the docs several times. Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix the problem? Thank You

Reply by JO_PA on 11/19/05 10:40am
Msg #77653

Had a problem yesterday with only the top half of the docs printing. This has happened before and I had to get the T/C to fax some docs.
Called Adobe support (800-833-6687) and asked for help. They were great. Ended up uninstalling the original Reader and downloading it from their site again. Printed docs OK after that.
Try calling them.
Jo

Reply by jlynn on 11/19/05 10:53am
Msg #77654

I called Adobe and they said it was 39.00 to talk to a support tech. I did upgrade to the newest version of adobe too and that didn't even make a difference. Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate it.

Reply by JO_PA on 11/19/05 11:27am
Msg #77659

You don'thave to pay the fee. They have a support group without a fee. Did they give you the option for that?

Reply by jlynn on 11/19/05 11:33am
Msg #77661

No, they told me if it's not a purchase item theres a charge to talk to them. Since Adobe Reader is a free download they said they can't help without the charge.

Reply by Art_MD on 11/19/05 11:38am
Msg #77662

Re: Adobe Reader might or might not help

After you download the file, go to desktop.
Make sure adobe is closed.
click on the file you want to print.
When it loads, it might be ok.

Hope this works.

Art

Reply by jlynn on 11/19/05 11:41am
Msg #77663

Re: Adobe Reader might or might not help

I have tried this also. Thank You.............. .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.