Notary Rotary
Backdating temptation-challenged...long
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 11/2/05 3:55am
Msg #73602

Ever had the feeling you mess up and would (back date) to make up? Well, I did after EOM was over. I was late for an 8:30PM appointment last Wed where borrower didn't answer the phone 1/2 hour before then not answer the door when I got there (9:30PM). I called and left numerous messages for the borrower to find out what happened the next morning and still no answer.

While tempting myself to do the wrong thing, my phone was ringing off the hook from SS to desperate LO of the same broker/lender with backdate request at $300 a pop. Those were then my wake up calls as I turned them down one-by-one. I decided it's time to face the truth and call EO about that missed appointment. EO was very understanding with the nature of EOM and told me not to worry (whews) b/c I'm their top for my area.

No one could get a hold of the borrower until late Friday when he called me saying that he was (ill) on heavy medication and couldn't tell day/night (another whews). Docs didn't get signed until Sunday, LO called Monday asking if docs can be hand delivered to EO (3.5 hrs 1 way) so it could fun (thought I'd backdate).

I'm just glad I made the right decision. Things turned out better than I could have imagined as I'm busier than ever at BOM with signings from the same EO who's handing all the missed EOM for the same broker.

A lesson learned, for me.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/2/05 11:06am
Msg #73670

Good on ya ND. Sure makes up for the snotty "well that's the last time we hire you" (as if I would be intimidated by that) comments when you refuse to backdate. Enjoy the new cash flow from doing the right thing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.