Notary Rotary
Best way for Mobile directions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/1/05 9:14am
Msg #73357

What is the best way to get mobile directions? Sometimes the title companies do not have time to print Mapquest. I have a map book, but it can be a pain sometimes. I use Verizon and could get mobile web or go with another carry. The screen looks so small I am not sure how well it would work. Thus, any recommendations on how to get mobile directions? Thxks in advance......

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/1/05 9:28am
Msg #73360

I usually get on yahoo maps and print directions before leaving for a signing. I am hoping in the future to either get TOM TOM or one of the other nifty little navigation systems for the car.

Reply by Jude_MD on 11/1/05 9:36am
Msg #73361

I have seen navigators with GPS's in them that sit on the dash board. The one I saw was purchased at Radio Shack and worked well. The car owner had programed the destination before I was picked up so I didn't see that part.

Reply by PattyTX on 11/1/05 9:38am
Msg #73362

I usually use the MSN directions, it also has a map at the end of it. It has worked well for me.

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/1/05 9:55am
Msg #73364

Ive got a DELL pda (x51), installed a map program for the city I am in and now just type in the address. It can also plan routes just like map quest and if you want you can add GPS ability to these things.

Danny

Reply by LilyMD on 11/1/05 10:04am
Msg #73365

I use either MSN or Mapquest. Both work well for me.

Reply by Chris_NJ on 11/1/05 12:28pm
Msg #73418

I use msn maps, it's more accurate than mapquest plus if you need to you can zoom in repeatedly to get a good view of side streets etc.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/1/05 1:00pm
Msg #73423

That's the reason I use Google Maps (http://maps.google.com). I have found, at least in this area, the Google's maps are more up-to-date and updated more frequently than Mapquest, MSN or Yahoo. Google even has some of the new street names that don't even show up in the county appraiser maps!!

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/1/05 10:05am
Msg #73367

I use mapquest, yahoo maps or MS maps. I know many that use GPS, but I certainly don't need another gadget taking my eyes and attention off the road.

I have a GPS Map 76C that I will be putting up for sale, if anyone is interested. It's only been used once and is like new in the box.

Reply by Wendy Filice on 11/1/05 10:18am
Msg #73370

I use a Garmin Navigator & I don't have to take my eyes off the road because it talks to me! It's been great & especially helpful in some poorly marked areas. Mapquest also is not always right--turn left when you should turn right. I got my Garmin at a great price from Costco.com.
Wendy

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/1/05 10:21am
Msg #73372

Wendy, how fuuny. You and I had very similar in our posts and almost posted at the same exact time. One other thing I like about the eTrex Vista...I use it on my adventure trips. It is water resistant so I have taken it scuba diving before.

Reply by Wendy Filice on 11/1/05 10:27am
Msg #73375

It is funny--I read your right after typing mine! We take ours on vacation & everywhere. Love it--wish I had a waterproof one, though.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/1/05 10:30am
Msg #73376

Yeah, water proof helps for outdoor activites, but you having any type of Garmin is wonderful. I really feel it's the GPS product out there. My brother is a total techy and he always helps me narrow down itmes to specific brands and I have been very lucky with things lasting. Smiley

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/1/05 10:39am
Msg #73379

My Garmin GPS Map 76C is waterproff and floats. Any offers?

I guess I'm just an old dog. I've learned so many things about new technology that I just don't want to take anymore time learning this Garmin. Kudos to those that have mastered the use of GPS, I'm just not interested.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/1/05 10:50am
Msg #73382

Re:GPS Becca

Could you email me about it? TIA

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/1/05 10:19am
Msg #73371

I hook my Garmin eTrex Vista in to my laptop which has Microspft Street and Trips installed on it. It talks to you so you don't have to look down and take your eyes off the road. I use it for traveling in other cities as well. When on my 2 wheels, I have just the Garmin GPS connected to the handlebars. But you have to have uploaded the way point (address) in it prior to going. For quick directions, I use Mapquest, but BEWARE because they are not always accurate.

Reply by LisaV_MN on 11/1/05 10:48am
Msg #73381

I like www.mapsonus.com

It lets you add as many stops as you like. So, when I am leaving for the day, and will not be returning home soon, I can print directions for my whole day, in one large direction list. This way I know how much travel time in my day I need to account for.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 11/1/05 12:09pm
Msg #73414

I use a Garmin 2620 GPS system and love it!
As "backup" I use maps.yahoo.com which I find to be much better that mapquest.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 11/1/05 5:41pm
Msg #73498

I asked Santa (my husband) for an early Xmas present. I needed a GPS because I do tons of inspections and I have no one to call for directions when Mapquest, etc is wrong. My husband bought me a Garmin 2620 and I love it. I have been using it 2 weeks now and it has saved me so much time. Don't have to take my eyes off the road, it talks to me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.