Notary Rotary
Black pen vs. felt tip question (NY)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/16/05 6:42am
Msg #76863

I always give out pens at my signings, to make sure they are black ink. I had a closing last night and when I Returned home I realized that the husband must have used his own pen and it looks like a black felt tip pen (thicker than a regular ball point). I've never had this happen and I am not sure if a black felt pen is acceptable as black ink. I'd appreciate input.

Thank you,
Toni (NY)

Reply by LilyMD on 11/16/05 7:02am
Msg #76865

I once had a borrower demand to use his favorite pen. It was a blue gel pen. It's not my job to argue with the borrower so after a few attempts, I let him use his pen. I figured it would be his problem if something got held up. Well, nothing happened. The loan signed, closed, etc. Even the the TC wanted black ink, I explained what had happened and that was the end of it. I hope this will work similarly for you. Really, the only true problem would be if the paperwork would not be accepted for recording because of the ink.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.