Notary Rotary
Blank forms in package
Notary Discussion History

Blank forms in package
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by BetsyMI on 11/28/05 10:03am
Msg #78883

Blank forms in package

I have a closing tonight, and I've never seen so many blank forms. These are what I think you all refer to as "junk docs".

These are not forms that need a notarization, just borrower's signature. I have already called the lender about some of the blank forms where nothing at all is checked. They said just ignore the form if there's nothing filled in.

Is this pretty standard in these large packages? I hate to miss a form because I think it's not needed, but it does seem that something should be filled in if it's to be signed by the borrower, right?

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/28/05 10:30am
Msg #78889

Most of my junk docs usually have to be notarized.

I don't know about that advice from the lender - but certainly not arguing...be sure to make a note of the person's name, time, etc.

If you want to fax me a couple, I'll tell you what I think. 877-548-2536

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/28/05 11:06am
Msg #78898

Brenda...Re: Blank forms in package

I just faxed two of the copies to you that the lender says to ignore.

Thanks!

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/28/05 11:38am
Msg #78901

Re: Brenda...Re: Blank forms in package

I got the first one. Now that I see it, it makes sense - sort of-- that the lender said to ignore it. It is incomplete and it does not require a notary. I guess they could send it out again completed for the bwr to sign and return.

Often I do have something like this for the people to sign but things are checked. This is basically a set of instructions on what's required to close this loan. Nothing is checked on these forms so I can see why the lender would say don't have it signed. Just make a note of who you talked to on this one. Put a Post It forms with the info on it regarding you called, etc.

I'd have trouble with this type of situation also. I might go to the trouble of calling the title company and/or signing service as well. I am sure others would disagree but I have a problem with *not* getting documents signed when they are in a package.

We have signing service owners who read this board and it would be nice to hear what they would want their notaries to do about this. One in particular is always a great cheerleader for $50 signings but seldom offers advice that we can use on a practical matter such as this.

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/28/05 11:47am
Msg #78903

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your take on this. I'm going to try to fax the second one, which requires a notarization. I think the paper feed probably only sent one doc to you. These are the only two I was concerned about. I decided to get the rest signed, but these seemed less important.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/28/05 12:03pm
Msg #78911

Betsy - please email me. Thanks, Brenda

Reply by B__CA on 11/28/05 10:39am
Msg #78890

If it is in the package and not signed you are the one that will get blamed. Call title or the signing company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.