Notary Rotary
Brenda/Tx or Margaret/FL
Notary Discussion History

Brenda/Tx or Margaret/FL
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by SLM_CALIF on 11/6/05 12:12pm
Msg #74700

Brenda/Tx or Margaret/FL

Hi my name is Sharon and I'm in Central California, I'm wondering if you would be so kind as to share information on how to become a "home"inspector. I have a digital camera and all equipment in my mobile unit that I might need to do the inspection I just need some info...I realize you wouldn't want competition in YOUR areas but I'm not planning on moving to Texas or Florida anytime soon.... joking... but again thanking you in advance for your generosity!!

Sharon .. Oh please e-mail me
[e-mail address]

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/6/05 12:35pm
Msg #74702

What part of cali are you because i have been thinking about it as well and was going to paste the same question but don't want to step on too many toes. Smiley

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/6/05 12:55pm
Msg #74704

If you use the search feature (the orange button) you will find the information needed. In the past Brenda has posted comprehensive information on doing inspections. It may even have been added to the famous 33325 thread.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/6/05 1:19pm
Msg #74705

Is it true CA doesn't require Licensing? n/m

Reply by SLM_CALIF on 11/6/05 7:42pm
Msg #74730

I'm going to do just that!.. thanks!!!.//.

Reply by SLM_CALIF on 11/6/05 7:40pm
Msg #74726

I am in Central California.. the counties I cover are Tuolumne, Stanislaus, Calaveras, some of Merced and some of San Joaquin... where in California are you???

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/7/05 9:18am
Msg #74772

s;m_calif

I am in the Lancaster and surrounding areas. I do all sorts of places out here lol.Smiley

Reply by Charles_Ca on 11/6/05 3:14pm
Msg #74711

Go to Brenda's website you will find the info you seek...

Brenda has assembled some great business resources which are available to all equally.

Reply by SLM_CALIF on 11/6/05 7:42pm
Msg #74728

Re: Go to Brenda's website you will find the info you seek...

What is Brenda's Website??

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/6/05 7:42pm
Msg #74729

see Msg #73855

Reply by Margaret_FL on 11/6/05 9:08pm
Msg #74736

I do different kinds of inspections then Brenda does. I used to do inspections for Mortgage Ramp that two several hours on site and report writing/downloading pictures. They only pay $65. I do HUD foreclosure and FEMA post disaster inspections and they pay $65-90 and take about 30 minutes. Some days I do 10-15 day. For both inspections I do, I have taken training classes traveling to Texas, and Atlanta. Next month I will be attending a week long HUD class in Washington,DC to do public housing inspections. Some of these inspections take 2-4 hours and pay $250 and some take an entire day and they pay $500. I have paid for my hotel and plane tickets and it is costing me $1500, that not counting food for the week. I had to purchase is special tablet PC to do the inspections on. The training is free and I had to submit an application and be approved by HUD to attend the training. You need to have a background in construction for which I do. I managed HUD properties for 15 years and I prepared my properties for these inspections. I oversaw the construction of new properties being built and was a property manager for 5 HUD properties in my town. My company purchased properties all over Florida and renovated them.

If you do a search on this boards for "Inspections" you will find a wealth of information.

Everything I do is because I have become an expert at "Googleling" Learn to Google . Go to Google and type in "Property Inspections" Join the Society of Field Inspectors and spend the money to purchase the directory that lists all the companies that hire inspectors.

I have put countless hours into searching.

I realize you may not be in Florida, but there are people on this board who are and some that are in my town.

It is the same with loan signings, I am working for some great title companies and I am not doing $50 signings, I am doing $150 and above and I would not share that information.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.