Notary Rotary
Cacellations
Notary Discussion History

Cacellations
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by CarissaCA on 11/28/05 10:46am
Msg #78895

Cacellations

How do you all charge for cancellations? I had an appointment last week for several days...I never received the docs and didn't know that I wouldn't be receiving them until 30 minutes before I had to leave. Just need some feedback on how you all handle these sort of situations.

Reply by CarissaCA on 11/28/05 11:42am
Msg #78902

THAT IS CANCELLATIONS

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 11/28/05 11:53am
Msg #78907

If you never received the docs, that means you never printed anything and you never left your house so there is no mileage so unfortunately you cannot charge anyone anything for work not done. The only way around it is to give the company who hired you a drop dead time for delivering the docs so you can go on and make other plans if they do not arrive by your set time.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/28/05 12:09pm
Msg #78915

Some companies will give a minimal fee if they cancel within 30 minutes to an hour of a closing. After all you were holding that time open for them and you could have possibly booked something else. I always send a bill of 25-50 dollars
is also valuable.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/29/05 9:03am
Msg #78990

Re: Cancellations

Hi Anon,

I had a situation in which I had a signing scheduled for three consecutive nights, cancelling each time. I don't think the appointment is going to be reinstated. Now admittedly I didn't go anywhere and I didn't print any docs, but I had all sorts of emails and phone calls. It just took up a lot of my time. So I hope to get compensated in some fashion. As I am sure you are aware, all we have to sell is our time.

Reply by Di_IN on 11/29/05 10:33am
Msg #79002

I had an evening appt. scheduled with a SS I had done 2 signings for previously. However, that night, the SS called to cancel 1/2 hr AFTER appt. time. She rescheduled for next a.m. Next morning comes, no docs - no word - nothing.

I sent an email 1 hour after that second cancellation stating I would be billing them for 2 cancellations (moderate fee of $50 each). SS called me back badmouthing me at how "unprofessional" I was.

I very patiently told SS my time is my money, and they wasted two half day's worth. They contracted my time, therefore they owe me a fee. SS said they will not pay. Sad part is, I turned down 4 signings during those two timeslots. Live and Learn, I guess.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/29/05 10:53am
Msg #79005

You should start overbooking, especially with the companies who have a pattern of repeated cancellations... I do it all the time now. They have very little respect for our time and efforts and I need to protect my income in some way. If they all come thru I pick the companies that pay the most and quickest. The hell with the others.These companies 'book" our services thru confirmations and then turn around and cancel an hour prior to the appt. I will no longer play that game. Take a page out of the airlines book.....my earnings have increased substantially since trying this course of action.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/29/05 3:03pm
Msg #79054

****If they all come thru I pick the companies that pay the most and quickest. The hell with the others****

If you book them you've got to get the job done. We always have to have in mind that this transaction is extreemly important to the borrower and you could totaly screw up thier loan. You don't know when the interest rate expires. You made your proverbial bed by accepting the assignment now go lay down in that bed and get the signing done. Such an unprofessional responce could only come from an anonymous poster.

If you are taking assignments from a company with a history of cancellations that is a business decision you have to make for yourself. If you do decide to take those assignments go do them.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/29/05 3:18pm
Msg #79057

F.Y.I. Sarabeth when they book my services and cancel at the last minute I dont get paid. Enough is enough and trust me ....this new plan of action increased my gross last month by well OVER $1500. I'm thrilled...its great to be in the drivers seat for a change!!!!! Try it.... if you've got the nerve girl.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.