Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone know of any free website for notaries??..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Jerald Crimson on 11/25/05 10:25am
Msg #78619

I know notary4hire does, but a friend of mine who uses there services got a letter yesterday saying that they're closing down the site on Decemeber 15th.

Because of this, I want to help my friend in finding another FREE website where he can create his webpages again.

Thank you all very much.

Sincerely,
J. Crimson

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/25/05 11:04am
Msg #78620

Re: free website for notaries??-- Why can't he pay?

Mr. Crimson's words seem strangely familiar..."there" rather than "their" rings a bell...the formatting of the post....what is it??? Anyhow, our visiting and/or newcomer, Mr. Jeremy Crimson, came to inquire on behalf of his "friend."

He asks:

**I know notary4hire does, but a friend of mine who uses there services got a letter yesterday saying that they're closing down the site on Decemeber 15th. Because of this, I want to help my friend in finding another FREE website where he can create his webpages again.

Thank you all very much.
Sincerely,
J. Crimson**

====A Wild Guess====

Mr. Crimson:

Obviously, just a really wild guess, but your friend is

(1) unable to pay for a site and

(2) unable to come forth on his own behalf so he sent his friend to the forum with a question.

Wow...that's interesting. I cannot imagine sending a friend to a forum to query the posters on my behalf. That's good info to file away.

I am so curious, though...is he unable to pay?

He cannot pay for a site to keep advertising his business? Is it possibly because there is a band of greedy sockpuppets living with him and they are getting really big now ...growing beyond anything he ever imagined they would...and now, they require more food, larger clothing and more housing...and I suppose he's strapped to the limit??? Cannot even pay for $3 - $9 a month??? Poor Mr. Crimson's friend!

Does the friend not realize the sockpuppets are not the boss of him? They all need to stop demanding attention and demanding everything they want and see...INCLUDING new additions to the sockpuppet family - this seems to happen each time Mr. Crimson's friend needs to run his troll trotlines on NotaryRotary.

If your friend gets one of the packages I have, he would have enough space so that he could start a sockpuppet forum! He could create Sockpuppet World.

If that's is the reason for it...well... that's a shame. Bad sockpuppets!

If it is not the problem, the question burns in my mind: Well, why then,can't he afford to pay for a modest website at $3 - $9 per month?? It's the best advertising you can get for the bucks.

No need to explain "Mr. Crimson" - I realize that's none of my business. I don't know why that crazy sockpuppet theory jumped into my head. Okay...it's gone.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/25/05 11:09am
Msg #78622

Re: free --Why can't he pay? Oops...spelling policeman!!!

Mr. Crimson's name is Jerald Crimson, not Jeremy Crimson.

Also, I need to clarify that for the $9 I mentioned, there would be ample room to set up a real live sockpuppet forum where they could be themselves...they could be the same person or just be all different people. What fun.

$9 a month and all the sockpuppet conversation you can stand.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/25/05 11:10am
Msg #78623

BrendaTX

Could you send me a few links for webhosting please I am getting ready to set up my own and am looking for a good one? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/25/05 12:09pm
Msg #78629

SRNotary - Website hosting suggestions

Okay SRNotary in California....Don't know how much of this stuff you know...

Do you know how to do your pages? If so, that will determine if you want a MS Host or a Unix Host. Unix is safer, so they say and you'll need to add Front Page Extensions before you upload if you use FP. FP Extensions are Free with Avid...cost a dollar or so with 2m.

Have you got /have you used FrontPage? It's not the BEST but it's the easiest for me.

With Avid there are some templates you can use to set up really quickly.

If you don't know anything - I'd look at design.adaptiveview.com

If you were going to do something really involved which would take a database

2MHOST.COM
http://2mhost.com/ Starts at $1.95 for very basic. Winds up at about $5-7.00 - you do ala carte choosing. I don't like this one as well as the others even though nothing is wrong with it...I just don't want to learn right now on how to manage it better. My son hosts with them. Loves them.

WINSAVE.COM
www.winsave.com - I like them because they make it easy if you are using a database driven application that needs to get info from your website, or you need to intake info from people who are intersted in whatever your project is. I am not good at it yet, but I am learning.
$9.00/mo

ADAPTIVEVIEW.COM
http://design.adaptiveview.com/
This site will develop your website and make it really gorgeous for around $200 and that will include hosting for a year as I understand it. I am probably going to have him do one for me once things slow down a bit from my life outside of notary and notrot. (whooo hooo...what excitement we have!)

AVID.COM
Avid Hosting - good company also. They are at $7.95 a month right now.
http://www.avidhosting.com/cgi-bin/a.pl?avid&3888

If you happen to decide to go through them, be aware that this link will generate a few dollars for me in the way of a commission.

If you do not want me to have a commission, just go straight to avidhosting.com without my affiliate account number at the end.

TEXAS INTERNET SOLUTIONS
http://www.texasinternetsolutions.com
If you want a "big business" ecommerce site with a real person to mind it for you all the time.

Entrepreneur story coming up -
BEWARE! OT - STOP NOW...DANGER DANGER - I AM MEANDERING!

I just wonder how many Mr. Mom's we have on this forum??

My other boy (my step-s actually) runs the above link's site.

In Feb 03 he and his wife had a little boy. She went back to work, but Jason decided to stay home with the baby and start his own business developing websites and business solutions. This one is 6'6" but he's very timid.

I wondered if he could go out and get the business. He was really quiet around people. He had stuttered somewhat when he was young and had to really work on that. He was NOT a salesman.

He was so dedicated to the baby that he could not stand the idea of leaving tiny little Brent in daycare. He started making sales calls on the phone and arranging a sitter to follow up and make the contact.

He said it nearly made him faint for awhile, but he forced himself to ask people for their business. Rather than bid low, he spec'd his proposals out very meticulously and bid decent to higher ranges of prices right off the bat. But people knew what they were getting for an exact price.

It's kind of like the hobbyist web designer vs. the business web designer. Like our NSA businesses. A higher price does not always mean that you will lose if people can understand why you are better.

He got two good accounts early on and they referred him to others. He's got several cities, and lots of industrial as well as retail. He got every account by walking into a business and asking for it. No one in the family made calls for him or realized he needed help starting up. I had moved out of the area and Jason did not ask for help.

I never knew if he would leave home and really mature...He was happy at home. He made horrible grades in school...he was a late bloomer, and I was very protective of him, but when HE had a little one he just stepped up and started doing life like an adult. He also married into having a little step-daughter and he is Mr. Mom - runs her to cheerleading and play dates. This past summer he packed up his little boy and they took off to spend a two days floating the Guadalupe River leaving the girls at home to be girly. It boggles my mind that he just quit being "the baby" and is an adult.

In the spring they have another one coming and he's busy getting the clients ready to do without him for a few weeks. And, he's getting the home office ready to handle a toddler and an infant. It's working out great for them. BUT, like I said, Jason is higher than average and I would not want take him away from his clients to do something for me, so I'll get design.adaptiveview.com to talk to me soon. I may have Jason do some ecommerce/database work for me on another project, but for a notary site, I don't think we really need all that.

Just wanted to say that if ever there was a person who created a business against all odds...this is it. I suppose we CAN force ourselves into success if the prize is greater than the price. And, that's when we really need to figure out what's at the end of our rainbow, so to speak.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/25/05 12:15pm
Msg #78632

Re: SRNotary - Website hosting suggestions

Good for him!!! It is hard to start in a business like this or the one he created for himself when you are shy.

My hubby is a computer guy and is going to help me with this website. I will look into the one that will give you a comission and see if we can get something going there. THank you so much for your suggestions/ help I appreciate it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/25/05 12:20pm
Msg #78635

Re: SRNotary - Website hosting suggestions

Don't ever concern yourself with looking at Avid over the other!

But, since you have a real techie, I would say he'll choose that one or 2m.

Most real live techies don't trust a Microsoft server. I don't have enough important stuff to worry with it.

There may be hundreds more to look at. Those are just my hands on experience recommendations.

http://www.powweb.com is pretty good also. Very reliable. I just like the control panel in the others better. Powweb is 7.77 a month.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/25/05 12:23pm
Msg #78636

Microsoft server = Microsoft Asp...and godaddy.com -

Wow, godaddy.com is really reasonable! thanks for the tip.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/25/05 12:46pm
Msg #78637

Re: Microsoft server = Microsoft Asp...and godaddy.com -

> Wow, godaddy.com is really reasonable! thanks for the tip.

Brenda, you do so much for this forum, I am delighted if my info helped you.

Happy holidays,

Rick

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/25/05 12:18pm
Msg #78634

Web Site Hosting service

Vist www.godaddy.com . I use them for my email and domain name service and find them to be very economical and reliable.

Good luck!

Reply by Jerald Crimson on 11/25/05 5:27pm
Msg #78662

Re: Web Site Hosting service

Thank you very much for your response.

He actually just found a free website service at tripod

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/25/05 10:06pm
Msg #78691

Re:SRnotary

I have been moving all my clients and my own websites over to IX webhosting. They have outstanding service and prices. They have 24/7 LIVE (as in real people answering the telephone), as well as live chat if there's ever a problem. (Whenever I had a problem, it was resolved within one half hour every time. Except with the latest barrage of emails from the FBI, CIA, XYZ and all. IT took them about 6 hours to clean up that mess.) I am very impressed with their service. So impressed that I advertise them on my own website.

If you want a look, go to http://www.ixwebhosting.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=PAWnotary

Reply by Jerald Crimson on 11/25/05 5:37pm
Msg #78663

TO BRENDA

Brenda...... what was that about?

My friend was using Notary4hire, but as mentioned, they are shutting down by December 15th. I did not know that my asking was going to turn into this.

What exactly is the problem with finding a free website service? I've used vistaprint for the free 250 business cards. Is that a problem also?

It's not that my friend expected me to assist him by asking. In reality he doesn't even know I asked. I figured that I would ask other notaries if they new of any free website services. my friend doesn't even know that I am inquiring.

I am sorry that I spelt the word "their" wrong, I didn't actually proofread my post..... figuring that it wasn't a big deal and all.... usually we have a life and don't tend to care so much about another's spelling. I APOLOGIZE!

Reply by Lisa Bittner on 11/25/05 8:44pm
Msg #78675

Jerald

Sometimes when I am sitting and not working, I scan the internet, and if someone has mentioned looking for something, I will look for them without being asked. That makes sense to me, you used your name this is also a plus.

Not sure why spelling their or there is an issue, it happens often to many people.

Hope you got your questions answered

Reply by Anonymous on 11/25/05 10:37pm
Msg #78703

Poor OLD BRENDA:

What a bitter and disgrace for a human you are. With an attitude like that its no wonder SS and TCs disrespect us as profession. We should be hear to help one another rather than discard one another. POOR OLD BRENDA, what a mess u are. Your like one of those Real Estate Agents who ego comes in the room 10 mins before they do, POOR OLD BRENDA>>> GROW AND ACT LIKE A WOMAN INSTEAD OF A TRAMPY HIGH SCHOOL GIRL!

Reply by Anonymous on 11/25/05 10:38pm
Msg #78704

AND BTW I MADE SOME ERRORS IN THERE. CAN YOU FIND THEM? POOR OLD BRENDA HEHEHEHE

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.