Notary Rotary
Eventful Signing Experience
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by WINotaryGal on 11/17/05 6:25pm
Msg #77273

I recently accepted a signing in an area I usually avoid . While cruising the street trying to find the address on a dark, rainy night, I was flagged down by a person assumed to be the homeowner. I rolled down my window a crack to see what he wanted. He greeting me with "Hey baby, what are you doing driving down my street?" I quickly explained that I had found the address I was seeking and all was well. He went on to tell me that I didn't want to go in that house. All kinds of things began running through my mind. He encouraged me to go down the street to get what I needed. He then noticed my briefcase and asked me if I was a Social Worker. I quickly said I was and that I needed to get to my appointment. This was not actually a lie as I do have a degree in Social Work. He disappeared, but, I wasn't sure where. I then called the home owner and asked them to meet me on the front porch. I relayed the story and the homeownerand they told me the guy was trying to direct me to the local drug house. Boy, was I scared. The home owners were awesome. They made sure I got to my car safely after we completed the signing. I defintely need to adhere more closely to my no-fly-zone.

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/18/05 6:36am
Msg #77323

WOW! I went to a closing in a pretty nice neighborhood.. 2 pm closing. No problem.. or so I thought. BO comes down the stairs dressed to kill... house is really nice. "Ding Dong" goes the doorbell in the middle of the signing. BO answers door, hustles the ding-donger upstairs for about 5 minutes. Ding-donger leaves. About 3 minutes later, "ding dong" again. Again, bo hustles ding-donger upstairs for a 3 minute visit. 10 minute go by, another ding-donger. This ding-donger brought his galpal with him, and she's not looking so good. Had a really bad case of the "Sniffles". Her companion and my bo go upstairs for about 3 minutes.
Now I didn't fall off the banana boat yesterday, and I'm not so dense to not know what's going on. BO comes downstairs after Ms. Sniffles & friend leave. I told him to PLEASE sign these docs quickly, as I am not comfortable with what is going on. He looks me at wide-eyed and says, "You're not gonna call the cops are you?" I told him "no..it's not my business what you do.". Read in the paper 3 months later he had been arrested...yepper... dealing cocaine.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.