Notary Rotary
FedEx is making good $$$...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 11/11/05 11:31am
Msg #75889

Geeze, My card gets charged because I have an account with them. I track all the info I need and call them yesterday, no one calls me back. So, today I call and find out that the cost of shipping the docs (to me) was $18 and change. Because there was no account number on it, I was billed an extra $10. and $4, to have them pick it up. My bill was 31.84....Now, they are going to credit my account for that amount and charge ME a rebill charge of $10. Sweet!

Reply by Anonymous on 11/11/05 11:38am
Msg #75895

Why do you need a Fed Ex account? I've been doing signings for a few years and I have never found a need to open a account with Fed Ex of UPS. Can they charge you if you don't have a account?

Reply by REE_NJ on 11/11/05 11:38am
Msg #75896

Yes, they make very good money off us Small Business Owners.
That is good you were able to get a good credit.

The large companies negotiate a great break with the Overnight Providers since they can provide steady volume. If you generate a UPS slip through the website which is billed to receipient, you can see that some companies you are sending the packages to are only paying $3.00-$4.00 for overnight standard delivery.

Reply by Delta_CA on 11/11/05 11:45am
Msg #75900

That's why I never put any of my info on the shipping bill and I definitely don't generate a bill off their website. I just have the account for shipment of supplies.

Reply by B__CA on 11/11/05 12:01pm
Msg #75906

In addition drop it in a box instead of having them pick it up. Other wise they will search your address for an account number. I always put in the from section, for such and such title company.

Reply by Anne/IL on 11/11/05 11:45am
Msg #75899

I had the same problem with FedEx this week...

I had to return some very date sensitive docs to the TC and they only had a UPS account. My appointment with BO was later than my local UPS location closes but I had enough time to drop off at FedEx so I told TC that I will send FedEx and bill them for it. They Oked.

Well FedEx charged $10 extra for "delivery address correction" when it was the right address to begin with. They credited me but still, I'm glad that I check all my charges all the time - just like at the grocery store...(lol)

BTW, TC paid me VERY fast!

Reply by Joe_PA on 11/11/05 4:34pm
Msg #75976

I am a little confused, how did they get your card number?

The only number I put on the bill of lading is the receivers account number.

Reply by Tina_MA on 11/11/05 5:58pm
Msg #76014

This is classic example of why I use the TC's name and address as the SENDER and RECEIVER.

Just to give everyone a heads up -- if you order blank labels from UPS (meaning they do not have your name, address, or account # printed on them) your account # is embedded into the tracking #.

Even though I was writing the TC's account # on the label (legibly) and using the TC's name and address as the sender and receiver, and without having my name or address anywhere on the label, I was being charged for shipments.

I was told by a UPS employee that it is easier to scan the bar code for billing than it is to type in the tracking # and account # that is handwritten on the label. Therefore, since my account # was embedded into the tracking #, I was being billed for about 10+ shipments per month for a few months.

I finally had to destroy the supply of labels I had and have UPS resend me blank labels with the account # of the nearest UPS shipping center on them.

Reply by TCMN on 11/11/05 6:08pm
Msg #76018

Good idea Tine, but I do this...

I order the envelopes and paks and then whenever I see a UPS drop box, I stop and take all but 3 of the labels out of it when I'm low.

The drivers have to resupply it everyday they pick up. Then they can't have their barcode match anything.

Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.