Notary Rotary
Fed Ex billed me for a shipping!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 11/2/05 5:15pm
Msg #73813

Wow I didnt know how much a loan package costs to send out over FEDEX.
$40.79 dollars from Souther Ca to Northen CA.

For some reason they charge me, because I wrote my name in the sender section
but the recp. party acct. number was wrong and they just bill me.

I called fed ex and they removed that amount from my account.

In the future I will write in the sender section the receiving party.

My accountt number wasnt in the airbill, they just match my name in my city.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/2/05 5:27pm
Msg #73816

That is so typical of them. Try getting them to pick up a package for you. HA thats a good laugh .

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 11/2/05 5:47pm
Msg #73820

I never put my name on the FedX slip. I just put the name that the Fedx number belongs to. Never had a problem. I hate having to deal with another bureaucracy to correct something.

Reply by DellaCa on 11/2/05 5:54pm
Msg #73823

Re:same here Taxlady n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/2/05 7:25pm
Msg #73851

They will probably charge you $10 to correct the billing error. You may want to check with them.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 11/3/05 12:31am
Msg #73877

Never ever put your name/address/phone/ cell on a UPS or Fedex Bill. The "Sender's Address" is also the "Recipients Address."

If a title/lender/escrow office doesn't give you their Fedex/UPS Account number simply drop the loan docs in the Fedex/UPS street box and mark the square: Payment: to Receipent.

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/3/05 7:48am
Msg #73897

If it costs so much to send docs Fedex...

then SS's and TC's shouldn't mind paying at least $40 for edocs to be sent to us. They're actually saving money when they pay us only $25-$30 and they aren't using their paper, toner, drum, etc. Hmmmmmmmm......

Reply by Art_MD on 11/3/05 7:56am
Msg #73899

Re: fedex rates...

Did a sample run...
MD to TX, standard overnite, standard envelope, 1/2 lb., not charge to an account, dropped at authorized shipping station ...~$21.00

Art

Reply by sue_pa on 11/3/05 9:45am
Msg #73917

Re: If it costs so much to send docs Fedex...

large companies get discounts due to the volume of packages they send/receive. I saw a sheet one time from one of the nationwide vendor management companies mixed in w/the docs and the actual costs were $4.??.

Reply by newlysmomva on 11/3/05 9:04am
Msg #73903

Wow! And I thought $61.00 was high from Va to Hawaii. Geez!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.