Notary Rotary
HP LaserJet 1320
Notary Discussion History

HP LaserJet 1320
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by cceja on 11/1/05 8:40pm
Msg #73531

HP LaserJet 1320

How do you get this printer to chose the appropriate papersize automatically? I contacted HP to find out how to do this...they did not help me; in fact they told me that this was not possible. This is the only reason I bought this printer and I have a feeling that the rep didn't know what he was talking about. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I want to sign up with a company that uses DynamicDocs and says you must have a printer that chooses the proper paper size. Please Help!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/1/05 8:54pm
Msg #73536

Do you have a LJ 1320 or a 1320tn? Unless you have a second source tray (actually numbered as tray 3 in the setup), you cannot do mixed printing since there wouldn't be an input tray for the second sized paper.

If you have a second tray, read down a bit on how to set up and configure your printer.

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/1/05 9:12pm
Msg #73538

If you have the second paper tray, as PAW states tray#3, then you only need to use the HP toolbox that installs with your software. You can dictate what tray has what paper. I run the 1320 with the added paper tray and this is how I manage.

Danny

Reply by fmckee on 11/1/05 10:25pm
Msg #73562

I have this printer and when it is printing and it needs letter size paper it will stop printing and I manually feed the letter size in through the top manual feed tray. Since not too many pages print on letter size paper, it hasn't been a problem to this point.

Fran

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/1/05 11:13pm
Msg #73576

I'm finding that more and more packages have more and more letter size documents in them.

Reply by cceja on 11/1/05 10:55pm
Msg #73571

I have the 1320tn. I was printing a set of docs that had mixed papersize and all I was able to print was legal. Then, some of the pages were coming out printed out with smaller font. The HP people were less than helpful and couldn't even answer simple questions.

Reply by John_NorCal on 11/2/05 10:14am
Msg #73651

I have a 1320 tn and it prints with no problem, legal and/or letter. The secret is to make sure that your manual feed is designated tray one, top tray is tray 2 and bottom tray is tray 3.
Works great for me!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.