Notary Rotary
How many NOC's?
Notary Discussion History

How many NOC's?
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 11/7/05 8:22am
Msg #74759

How many NOC's?

I have asked lenders, title cos, attorneys., etc. WHY there are so many NOC's in a package. I'll get some with over 8 NOC's.. and that's just in the package I have to send back. Does anybody know why there are so many of those darn things?
I'm pondering..

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/7/05 8:37am
Msg #74763

NOC is a Notice of Comencement.

Are you talking about RTCs? If you are talking about the RTC, you should know why there are many copies.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/7/05 8:39am
Msg #74765

Great minds ....

.... think alike. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Smiley

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/7/05 8:45am
Msg #74766

Wow....and at the same time...................n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/7/05 8:38am
Msg #74764

What are you referring to? NOC is Notice of Commencement which announces that work is about to begin on a home building or remodeling project and provides interested parties with information needed to follow the construction lien procedures properly.

Are you referring to the notice of cancellation? This is commonly referred to as the RTC - Right To Cancel, but often is called the Notice of Right to Rescind (RTR).

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 11/7/05 8:55am
Msg #74767

How about OTBO, HICMM, IRIWBS, WTLLOTT OR KMAYT

Option to back out
Hey, I changed my mind
I realized I was being screwed
Won the lottery, off to Tahiti
Kiss my a$$ you thieves

If the post refers to the RTC, then , absent specifc instructions,
after making sure copy pkg has at least 2 copies per
necessary party, I have them sign 3 each if there are a bunch
No real good reason, but I have never been called on it.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/7/05 11:41am
Msg #74806

Sheesh...anybody knows a NOC is a Notice of Completion Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 11/7/05 12:18pm
Msg #74819

wrong! I didnt know.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/7/05 2:25pm
Msg #74864

Re: How many NOC's?-Anonymous:

**wrong! I didnt know.**

I think TitleGal was making a joke...and, if you were not posting under the handle of Anonymous, I'd say try "gelling"...or "chilling"...or maybe, "ease up"...but since you are anon, clearly that kind of response would be out of line and I'd be rude for even thinking it, so I won't.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/7/05 10:27pm
Msg #74934

Re: How many NOC's?-Anonymous:

My gosh.

Yes, it was a joke to show that there's so many acronyms, it's challenging, at best. Depending on where you come from...the acronym can be different.

But, that's too complicated for a simple mind, an "anonymous" mind. Fortunately, there's lots of folks here who take up the slack.

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/7/05 1:28pm
Msg #74846

OOPS TO ME!!

I am SO sorry for stating NOC.. can you tell I worked in construction? Smiley Sorry, folks.. I posted a wee bit too early in the morning. I meant RTC!

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/7/05 7:02pm
Msg #74896

Re: OK; so it's RTC

PJM,

Often times I have found six in the original package. This is the case where the docs are received as edoc-s and where you have both spouses signing a rtc. Now why are there six? Well, there have to be at least four, so that there are four copies in the borrower's set of docs (two for each signatory). That is a matter of federal law. And then it seems to me that often times an extra copy is thrown in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.