Notary Discussion History

I gotta say this
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by RickinVA on 11/20/05 6:49pm
Msg #77845

I gotta say this

Hi, all;
Thought y'all might get a kick outta this:
Got a call from a SS or maybe a TC. They assigned a Notary to do a closing. The Notary is/was about 35-40 miles away. (75 mile3s RT+) Fed-Ex delivered the over nite package to a Notary on the Eastern Shore of VA for a closing on the Western Shore (of the Chesapeake Bay) (a round trip of around 140+ miles.) When the package didn't arrive at the previously assigned Notary, she apparently cancelled. They called me, since it's almost 4.5 (4 ½) miles from me. We arrived at an acceptable fee, and I was/am ready to perform my magic. THis was about 5:45 PM for a closing at 6:00. I explained that I was on the way out the door for an appointment, but when I got back, about 7:45, I would call the borrower and print the E-docs. I called the borrower who was VERY distant, and explained that I was the Notary who was assigned her closing. She was not at all welcoming! She seemed upset, and suspicious. She finally asked me when I got the assigment. I explained that I was called about 3 minutes before I called her, at 5:45, and she loosened up a little. I explained what little I knew about the situation and she seemed OK with everything. Seemed like a nice lady.

When I arrived home at about 7:40 PM, There were no E-docs on my computer. There were two confirmations, from 2 different people at the SS/TC. I called the borrower, and explained that I had no documents. I told her I had tried to call the SS/TC but could get no live person. I asked her for the name of the LO, which she gave me, and the phone numbers, which she gave me, saying that she was unable to contact him. I called him and left a message. He called me back, and I gave him the info about what was happening. He had NOT called the borrower, and I don't know if he has called her yet, but have to asume he has. He was very understanding, but VERY unhappy, as was the borrower!

To sum up, apparently, the docs were delivered to a NSA on the Eastern Shore by mistake. When she got the docs, she called the SS/TC and they then called me. The person who called me said that she was leaving, but I could contact (so and so) who apparenttly was to send me the docs. She sent a confirmation instead and then left. So, this borrower has no loan. If she had an expiring lock, she no longer has the interest rate she had a lock on, she is still waiting to sign papers that she won't get, and I, as well as another Notary, are out the fee that the TC/SS was gonna pay. Also, there is a Notary on the Eastern Shore that has a bunch of papers with all of a persons private info on them. (She is a Notary, so I know they will be treated as such.)

BTW, the borrower is leaving town Tuesday for several days. Does anyone smell a lawsuit?

If anyone wants the ending to this story, they have to indicate such. If I know it in the next couple of days, and I see an interest, I'll post it.

Rick who has not had a good wqeekend. See the next post.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/20/05 9:17pm
Msg #77864

I doubt there will be a lawsuit

Reply by newlysmomva on 11/21/05 8:00am
Msg #77905

I'm one of the few notaries on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, but I wasn't the one who got the package. I always ask where the closing is before I accept because most SS have no idea where a lot of counties in Va are. I had one call for closing for Northumberland county. We have Northampton County. I told him that was about 200 miles away and he said,"Are you sure?' SHEESH!!! I think I know who did get them though. Anyway, I hope the load gets straight.

Reply by RickinVA on 11/21/05 8:14am
Msg #77909

newlysmomva, next time you get one for Northumberland (or Lancaster, Middlesex, Mathews or Richmond County) give 'em my name, please!

Rick

Reply by newlysmomva on 11/21/05 10:04am
Msg #77932

Sure and give them mine if it is for Accomack & NOrthampton. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

Reply by squirrellee on 11/11/06 11:42pm
Msg #159184

Re: I gotta say this <Kinda long>

Hey. I remember this closing. It was me. When the scheduler called she didn't enunciate and said "Whitesville" and when the confirmation came it said "White hall". So I immediately called them back and said they had to reassign it. Then sure enough I get the docs anyway. Called again to let them know what was going on. I remember some frantic phone calls that evening wondering if I would meet you half way with the docs. They didn't realize it was a 4 hour trip!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.