Notary Rotary
Initials
Notary Discussion History

Initials
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by anon_mi on 11/16/05 11:09am
Msg #76901

Initials

OK....I have been sitting here waiting for e-docs for so long that I am second guessing myself. If you have a borrower - John R. Doe Jr.- when he initials does he put JRD, Jr. ? Probably should know, but thought I would ask. TIA

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/16/05 11:22am
Msg #76904

Yes, must include Jr. with initials. n/m

Reply by anon_mi on 11/16/05 11:22am
Msg #76906

Re: Yes, must include Jr. with initials. n/m

Thanks!

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/16/05 12:00pm
Msg #76917

You're welcome. n/m

Reply by Anonymous on 11/16/05 12:14pm
Msg #76924

Re: You're welcome. n/m

Actually, I've never had anyone question initially. Borrowers use their own style and I've never had anyone question anything about it.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 1:06pm
Msg #76953

Same here. I don't think I've ever seen somebody put Jr. on their initials and it's never been a problem.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/16/05 1:34pm
Msg #76970

I once had instructions for BO to include Jr. in intials , also another borrower did it automatically since he had refinanced before and that's how he had initialed the docs.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/16/05 6:46pm
Msg #77076

Re: CaliN

hi,

Although I go by Ted my first name is Edward and my father's first name is Edward, so I am a Jr. When I write my initials I always include "Jr." However, when I am doing signings I just tell people to put down whatever they usually put down as far as their initials go. And I really haven't had any problems.

Now as far as names go, it has been drummed into me to make sure that people sign just the way their names are printed underneath the lines (unless they are misspelled). So that is what I have them do.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 7:32pm
Msg #77081

Re: CaliN

At the beginning of the signing I tell people to sign how their names are printed on the docs and what initials to use. Then however they sign is how they sign, I never try to force them to sign a certain way. I've had several borrowers tell me "but that's not my signature" and don't want to sign how it's printed, they want to sign how they always sign their name. And who am I to tell them that they can't use their legal signature on legal documents?

Out of about 1500 signings, I can only recall one instance where the company made a fuss and wanted a resign because one of the borrowers didn't sign the way they wanted her to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.