Notary Rotary
It Just Never Ceases To Amaze Me!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by SLP_VA on 11/11/05 1:24pm
Msg #75930

I just received a call from a title company asking if I was available for a signing tonight. I advised them sure, my last one for today was at 5pm. TC stated that would be ok to do later on because this was only a partial closing package. Here's the kicker...they needed everything dated for 11/07/05. What!! I advised her that I cannot backdate documents. She seemed shocked that I could not or would not do this. I can't understand. They have to know that it is illegal to do this! I wonder who they will get to perform this illegal act!

Reply by Anon1 on 11/11/05 1:26pm
Msg #75932

NO KIDDING! I'd like to know who will end up taking this so I can show them the back of my hand!

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/11/05 1:56pm
Msg #75937

Re: Somebody will ......... n/m

Reply by Beth/MD on 11/11/05 2:11pm
Msg #75940

Re: Somebody will ......... n/m

Yes, somebody will. That's why there will always be those companies who feel this is a good practice.

Reply by SM_TX on 11/11/05 3:55pm
Msg #75964

Re: Somebody has already agreed to do it....n/m

Reply by Joanne_SL on 11/11/05 6:10pm
Msg #76020

Re: Somebody has already agreed to do it....n/m

I received an email yesterday with docs from an attorney for whom I had never worked. He said it was for a 1:00 closing today about 50 miles from my home. He also said that because the banks were closed today the documents would have to be dated yesterday (backdate). I called him immediately and said (1) I was booked today and (2) I would never backdate documents ... that is illegal (he was an attorney) and asked if I was sure ... they would be willing to pay extra. I said no amount of $$ would make me do something illegal ... He said okay ... we'll call you for the next one in your area. I couldn't believe it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.